Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apache + WebDAV & SSL = Timeout!?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apache + WebDAV & SSL = Timeout!?

edited June 2014 in Help

So I've setup a Debian Wheezy server with Apache 2 and enabled WebDav. I've configured the vHosts properly and WebDav without HTTPS works well (browser and client).

I made a self signed certificate and configured a SSL vHost for WebDav with SSL. It works only over the browser. WebDav clients fail to connect due to Timeouts over SSL.

Access log only leaves a single line saying:

***.***.***.*** - - [18/Jun/2014:11:07:09 +0200] "-" 408 1108 "-" "-"

(Error 408 = Timeout)

My WebDav client (CarotDav) reports:

Rei.Fs.SimpleWebException: Die zugrunde liegende Verbindung wurde geschlossen: Unerwarteter Fehler beim Senden.. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unerwartetes Dateiende oder 0 Bytes vom Transportstream erhalten.
   bei System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   bei System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   bei System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei Rei.Fs.Webdav.WebdavFs.GetResponse(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean notreqstream)

Got a idea where to start looking? Access and error log tell me nothing to be honest.

Comments

• Anyone? First time I am setting up WebDav w/ SSL.

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited June 2014

Check to see if you have the port 433 in the configuration for ssl.conf twice (try commenting it out to test) because sometimes it causes a re-direct which will make it look like it's timing out because Apache won't re-start probably.

• edited June 2014

cat /etc/apache2/ports.conf

NameVirtualHost *:443
    Listen 80

"IfModule mod_ssl.c"
        # If you add NameVirtualHost *:443 here, you will also have to change
        # the VirtualHost statement in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl
        # to 
        # Server Name Indication for SSL named virtual hosts is currently not
        # supported by MSIE on Windows XP.
        Listen 443
    "/IfModule"

"IfModule mod_gnutls.c"
        Listen 443
    "/IfModule"

(" are for <>)

Strange enough Apache does not complain but it did complain when I accidently added Listen 443 below Listen 80.

But it works over the browser but not with the client. So this should be right?

EDIT:

So I modified it to be like:

NameVirtualHost *:443
    Listen 80
    Listen 443

Still the same issue with CarotDav and Windows WebDav.

• Stupid little mistakes.

I forgot to add " ServerName mydomainusedinsslcert" to the vHost and the Apache instance that handled the connection got a Sigterm signal and killed itself so the client got a timeout back.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
This discussion has been closed.