Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Exploit, DeJa Vu?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Exploit, DeJa Vu?

JacobJacob Member
edited May 2012 in General

So, So, I just checked WHT and found a post, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1159958
And I just thought I would post it here.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?47908-New-0-day-exploit&p=225132#post225132

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Comments

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited May 2012

@Jacob it appears this was patched on monday (thank god).... but there are going to be a lot of people that don't patch.

• JacobJacob Member

This is a different one or is the guy on WHT just a few days behind..?

This situation is quite confusing now.

@Corey said: @Jacob it appears this was patched on monday (thank god).... but there are going to be a lot of people that don't patch.

• rds100rds100 Member

chmod 000 whmcsdir/modules/gateways/boleto

You are fixed.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Jacob it appears the guy on WHT is a few days behind.

• @Corey said: @Jacob it appears the guy on WHT is a few days behind.

Nah, UGNazi is just touting the exploit as new.

• WilliamWilliam Member

interestingly i see a few trys in my logfiles, tried it myself and get as result:

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'boleto_.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/XXXX/modules/gateways/boleto/boleto.php on line 128

So i guess it is secure? ;)

• AmfyAmfy Member

Damn want to test it, anyone a demo/test/whatever installation where I am allowed to run it?

• was the DB patch a fix for this?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Did you know that without the proper precautions in place, someone can just go to your WHMCS admin page and type in the password if they know it?

That's it. From now on invoices are sent by horse.