Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VestaCP release delayed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VestaCP release delayed

2»

Comments

• @c0y said:
    VestaCP is a mess security wise

Because of even the lack of effort to make the password textboxes actual password ones chrome now autocompletes my password everywhere when I type the first character lol.

Also a lot of passwords are unhashed and default ones.

What are your security concerns with VestaCP? I'm curious because I'm switching some of my stuff over to VestaCP as I have found it to be pretty amazing.

• @c0y said:

Because of even the lack of effort to make the password textboxes actual password ones chrome now autocompletes my password everywhere when I type the first character lol.

Even Steven from rack911 said that vestacp is reasonable and its better than some other cp's. Proof: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9096404&postcount=5

• @c0y said:

Webmin/Virtualmin also shows passwords like that

• @c0y -- you should come out to play...

There appears to be genuine interest for validation of your statement.

Thanked by 2netomx PremiumN
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@PremiumN said:
    Even Steven from rack911 said that vestacp is reasonable and its better than some other cp's. Proof: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=9096404&postcount=5

Thanks for pointing that out. An endorsement (or at least not criticism) from Steven is high praise.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

whats up with vestacp

their roadmap says the next version update is scheduled to be released on 7th july

still the writeup is same and no update is there?

anybody knows what is happening in there...

• @agentmishra said:
    whats up with vestacp

their roadmap says the next version update is scheduled to be released on 7th july

still the writeup is same and no update is there?

anybody knows what is happening in there...

The panel is written by mostly 1 man so give the guy a break he did great work so far.

@ricardo777 said:
    The panel is written by mostly 1 man so give the guy a break he did great work so far.

OMG

just one man...

ok @ricardo777

you mean only serghey-rodin is putting in descent efforts...

https://github.com/serghey-rodin/vesta/graphs/contributors

https://github.com/serghey-rodin

humm now i understand....

its passed 11th Aug, two versions due, dont know whats happening...

• @agentmishra said:
    its passed 11th Aug, two versions due, dont know whats happening...

0.9.8-10 was released about a week ago.

Anyways, you have no right to complain about a free open-source project not being developed fast enough. If you don't like how it's going, either help them out and start contributing yourself... or move on and use something else.

• I'd love to pay for a VestaCP version released on time. Would be interesting to have the free version delayed X days in order to attract $.

• Blanoz said: I'd love to pay for a VestaCP version released on time. Would be interesting to have the free version delayed X days in order to attract $.

Kinda like what observium does. It works out very well IMO

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Just write in the features you want. It's terribly simple coding.