Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install rTorrent + NginX + ruTorrent (Perfect LEB SeedBox Solution) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install rTorrent + NginX + ruTorrent (Perfect LEB SeedBox Solution)

2»

Comments

• @msg7086 said:
    Any reason not going to transmission + transmission-gui + ftp?

Maybe they want their site be safe? :-D

I am running such a server.
    Server: Transmission + web-UI(just in case) + vsftp + port-forward(since it 's behind a front-end VPN server, the only annoying point of Transmission is it DO NOT SUPPORT proxy.)
    Home: Transmission-remote-GUI with OSX, Android, maybe iOS later.

If you are really concern about the safety, use SFTP/SCP(You don't know how? How did you login to your server via SSH?), or as @salakis said, run a nginx with self-signed cert, or get one free from StartSSL. Ensure your safety.

We've been running this server for almost 2 months, so far so good.

According to PT users, uTorrent's core, which is the same as BitTorrent's, is worse than Transmission's.

If you really need proxy with your torrent software..........At least use Deluge.
    Another nice software, the only reason we didn't choose that is our friends are all using Transmission, and if sh*t happens, it is easier to get help :-D
    Deluge supports quite a lot of plugins, which makes it has more functions than Transmission- also, consume more resources.

You may want to try both Transmission and Deluge to find which one you like better.

@khav

If you are comfortable with SFTP on one single thread(some people have good speed with this while others not), you can skip most of the dramas- Nginx, vsFTP, self-sign cert, blahblah. Run a Transmission, enable remote RPC, and you are good to go: Get Transmission-remote-GUI and Filezilla on your computer, control torrenting cia remote, and fetch file via SFTP. Can't be easier AFAIK.

(Anyone want to mention Xunlei VIP? wwwwww)

• I dislike using any of the WebUI's - which is why I use Deluge. Deluge's best feature is its thin client. No need for a web server when the UI is ran natively on your desktop -Notifications, default extension opening, etc.

• Resurrecting an old thread for a bit of help!

@salakis - Would it be possible to explain your setup in a bit more detail?

If anyone would be able to help me setting up my new VPS as a seedbox please PM me, happy to donate :)

• I am all sorted now for setting up my KS1 :) The member who helped me knows who he is, and I am extremely grateful.

• I love rutorrent. Transmission is easier to setup, however rtorrent can also be used from the cli and also via rutorrent. Nice tutorial ass welk.

• khav said: do a simple deluge install

Tried the "simple deluge" install a lot many times. Never worked as intended.

• elijahpaulelijahpaul Member
    edited December 2014

Thanks for this. I think I'll include sftp into my transmission script for CentOS 6.

• @ashique - Can i please understand why this is the perfect one. I have always used Utorrent Server and found it really great.

• If you are beginner like me here's a very nice script. All in one click :D the best in the market.

https://github.com/Kerwood/rtorrent.auto.install

You can choose what plugins to choose too ;D

• JoeBiss said: All in one click :D the best in the market.

Naah Doesn't have standard apt-get scripts. Always a trouble in upgrading and keeping the system patched. House of troubles and waiting to be hacked :(

• @darknessends said:
    ashique - Can i please understand why this is the perfect one. I have always used Utorrent Server and found it really great.

Low End Setup, RAR-Unrar, Auto-DL, File Manager, Easy to Maintain, Total Seeder-Peer Control and many more . . . .

• ben78ben78 Member
    edited December 2014

apt-get install rtorrent tmux

copy .rtorrent.rc

then start tmux

then start rtorrent

doesn't sound too difficult anyway - and can't be lower end (well, from what i did read transmission-daemon uses a little bit less ressources if you use the remote client)

• I have followed step by step in this tutorial, everything is describe, how to install and configure ruTorrent and rtorrent on Ubuntu.

http://terminal28.com/how-to-install-and-configure-rutorrent-rtorrent-libtorrent-xmlrpc-screen-ubuntu/

• Great tutorial. Nice Write !