Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whmcs remote license check
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whmcs remote license check

Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
edited May 2012 in Help

It would seem my whmcs license is reporting invalid, most likely due to the ddos attacks today against whmcs. I forget, what is the URL to force a remote license check ?

Comments

• onepoundonepound Member
    edited May 2012

https://DOMAIN/cart.php?licensedebug&forceremote

Thought best edit your full install link

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Thanks, after doing it, it seems it's timing out still. Hope whmcs gets their licensing fixed up soon

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

With all of the downtime they've been experiencing I've disabled this on my install to prevent people from messing with my license while their license server is offline.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe Yeah probably not a bad idea, I'm guessing that's in the config file?

• @Fliphost said: @KuJoe Yeah probably not a bad idea, I'm guessing that's in the config file?

Doubtful. Probably have to block it in the webserver.

edited May 2012

@Fliphost It's simple PHP code int he configuration.php file. :)

if(isset($_GET['licensedebug'])) { unset($_GET['licensedebug']); exit('No'); } if(isset($_GET['forceremote'])) { unset($_GET['forceremote']); exit('No'); } if(isset($_GET['revokelocal'])) { unset($_GET['revokelocal']); exit('No'); }

• debugdebug Member
    edited May 2012

Why would you even unset the $_GET.....

if ( isset($_GET['licensedebug']) ) die('Contact support if you need to see this information');
    if ( isset($_GET['forceremote']) ) die('This function is disabled for security reasons');
    if ( isset($_GET['revokelocal']) ) die('This function is disabled for security reasons');

• rds100rds100 Member

Thanks for the tips. And i thought about putting rewrite rules to block/rewrite these requests :)

• klikliklikli Member

@debug said: if ( isset($_GET['revokelocal') ) die('This function is disabled for security reasons');

Don't forget to put "]".

@debug said: Why would you even unset the $_GET

That's a nicer way. I got my code from a veeeeery old post.

• @klikli said: Don't forget to put "]".

LOL

• debugdebug Member

@klikli said: Don't forget to put "]".

My bad. Fixed it a while ago :).