Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode or INIZ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode or INIZ?

2»

Comments

• out of the poll i would choose Ramnode, i have tried them before they were good, top service and fast support

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Just try both for about a month. Decide later for long term commitment

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • epaslvepaslv Member
    edited June 2014

I have been using both now for some time.

The only issue I have had with Iniz is that performing backups with tar/gzip has tripped the high IO usage. Apparently this caused really slow disk IO for other users on the same node and I was suspended. This was really surprising as the script just performs mysqldump and tars some files, approx 900Mb archive.

Using the same scripts on Ramnode servers I never had an issue.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • @jcaleb said:
    Just try both for about a month. Decide later for long term commitment

This is really the best way to go about these things.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

@epaslv thanks for confirming what I experienced with iniz.. I tried 60mb tar backup and the load went up to 4+ from 0.6 when I was with iniz.

I have nearly a dozen vps from different providers ( including all 4 ramnode locations ) and never had this issue with others.

ramnode is the best.

• BellaBella Member

I have VPS's with both, support is faster with Ramnode.

And the speeds on Ramnode are much better (Both network and disc speeds).

• I've been with Ramnode for awhile and have really enjoyed the service that Nick provides so I can highly recommend Ramnode! However I also just purchased a new vps with INIZ (I couldn't pass up a 4GB VPS for only $7) so I'm excited to see how INIZ compares to Ramnode :).

• niceboy said: @epaslv thanks for confirming what I experienced with iniz.. I tried 60mb tar backup and the load went up to 4+ from 0.6 when I was with iniz.

I have nearly a dozen vps from different providers ( including all 4 ramnode locations ) and never had this issue with others.

Did Patrick suspend you for this? If not, what's the big deal? I have a site which provides Android ROMS. I used to have daily 1.7 GB backups before I tried incremental tar. I never had any issues creating a tar archive. I didnt keep looking at the load though.

• i am using ramnode and satisfied with the service. the only thing is that it does not like the fact that i am in china now. so when i first signed up, it marked me as fraud. but after i told them that i am a us citizen living in china at the moment, they let me buy. so now when i sign in to my account at ramnode, i always see something marked as fraud and FRAUD is a strong accusation and i am not sure if i feel happy looking at it too ofen.

• @epaslv said:
    I have been using both now for some time.

The only issue I have had with Iniz is that performing backups with tar/gzip has tripped the high IO usage. Apparently this caused really slow disk IO for other users on the same node and I was suspended. This was really surprising as the script just performs mysqldump and tars some files, approx 900Mb archive.

Using the same scripts on Ramnode servers I never had an issue.

I had the same issue with Iniz. For some reason making tars/zips creates high IO usage on their servers but I haven't had this issue on any other host but other then that Iniz is a really good host.

• Ramnode because best vps host I used so far.