Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How to be safe and provide illegal content on website.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to be safe and provide illegal content on website.

Hello, i've created this topic to start discussion about all kinds of "illegal" content in the internet. I would like to ask about creating "warez-like" websites and what should i know to keep myself safe. What should i pay attention for? I know that hosting is important, let's say that i have hosted my website in dmca free region like rumunia/russia. What's next? If i provide my real name for the hosting provider is that a risk? Should i provide fake name and address to the hosting account, and domain too as well? Is this changing anything?
Next thing: I have some kind of "premium" service on the website. Visitors can upgrade their accounts to premium after paying some ammount of money via paypal, bank transfer, or sms premium. I see that similiar types of websites don't offer paypal payment? Is it just a coincidence or they don't do this purposely? Rest of the payment options like bank transfer and sms are supported by outside company, which control all payments, and then send it to my bank account if i request payout (of course they take some provision). That means this company have my real personal informations too and this company is from the same country as me. Is that safe? If not what should i change, what is the safest method of payment?

Could you give me some hints? I believe there are many owners of simmiliar websites.
Let's talk about this :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.