Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Locations

Need your expert opinions LETers.

If you were to make a website and your target audience is whole of US, which of the 3 RamNode locations (Seattle, Atlanta, New York) would you pick?

Please also consider the peering (or whatever you call it) and quality of each datacenter.

Comments

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited June 2014

This will help you http://itools.com/tool/just-ping run ping test for all 3 locations and determine which location is giving best ping and you will get the answer which location you should go with.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • MunMun Member

Atlanta.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • New York or Atlanta.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • I'd go for New York, but I have no solid data on if it's better or worse than the other locations.

With that said, I've got a box in each of their three locations in the US and access time seems to be about the same, at least for me.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • BradBrad Member

Atlanta would be closest central location you'll get from all their locations.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • MunMun Member

@nick_a any thoughts for a future customer of yours?

• We've had quite a few availability issues with our RamNode instances in Atlanta lately (DDOS on the network there). I'd advise you go with Seattle - it's been solid.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for checking us out! Atlanta has been around the longest and has the most clients. I would say it's been the most stable in general, although as @NodePing mentioned, there were some targeted attacks a few weeks ago. New York is certainly where most of our attention is focused since we just opened it last month. It won't be replacing Atlanta, but demand has shifted that direction. We're turning on another carrier (Telia) there as soon as they finish their end of the patch. Seattle has been solid as well; it was our fastest growing location before NYC.

If you are just running a website, any of them should do you well. We run our website in Seattle behind some filtering, but I access it on a daily basis from my location in Georgia. Latency has never been an issue in that regard. We do peer with the SIX there, although most of that is HE.net to the Pacific.

In short, ATL is the most central location, but any of them would be fine depending on your intended usage. You can also check out our looking glasses in the FAQ.

Thanked by 1kaflo