Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broken Profile Picture - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Broken Profile Picture

2»

Comments

• Sometimes I see double usernames. Like, where the profile picture is suppose to go, I instead see the username.

• VPNVPN Member

@eddynetweb said:
    Sometimes I see double usernames. Like, where the profile picture is suppose to go, I instead see the username.

I believe that's to do with the hover.

If you hover over an avatar foes it come up with their name in a tooltip box? (I can't check cos I'm on my Nexus atm)

• @CharlesA said:
    I saw a bunch of blank images before I allowed Gravatar in Ghostery. Could be just me though.

Just tried this and it worked like a charm, thanks! I've used Ghostery for ages now but it was only recently that profile images started turning up blank. It's strange how certain images are not default Gravatar ones and still end up being blocked by Ghostery, though.

• I don't use Ghostery (Safari user). Hmm.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We're not sure what is causing this.

The delay that is sometimes apparent is the image being copied to all the web servers (there are 8). That should only take a few minutes though.

• @jbiloh did you try turning it off and on again? what about jiggling the cord?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

AThomasHowe said: @jbiloh did you try turning it off and on again? what about jiggling the cord?

A reboot didn't fix it either :S

• jbiloh said: A reboot didn't fix it either :S

Try kicking it

• Also this issue :(

• Mark_RMark_R Member

@linuxthefish said:
    Also this issue :(

You are the only person in this thread with a broken avatar to me:

everyone else shows up fine from the NL.

• J1021J1021 Member

jbiloh said: The delay that is sometimes apparent is the image being copied to all the web servers (there are 8). That should only take a few minutes though.

Why does it take 8 web servers to power LET?

• 1e10 said: Why does it take 8 web servers to power LET?

So that there are cluster errors to blame things on

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • vedranvedran Veteran

1e10 said: Why does it take 8 web servers to power LET?

Low end servers

Thanked by 2Mark_R linuxthefish
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@vedran said:

$7 max remember per box

• J1021J1021 Member

vedran said: Low end servers

Surely chucking the site behind CloudFlare takes the value away from it being hosted on low spec boxes?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@linuxthefish - Your not alone.. I'm broken too :(

• AlexanderM said: $7 max remember per box

Since this place is owned and ran by ColoCrossing, why can't they just get a dedi up and running for LET? I know LET is about offering $7/Month VPS Servers, but does it have to be hosted on those small boxes when ran by a datacenter?

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

I got a broken profile pic too :(

Works on a NL/USA VPN but not in the UK :(

• Any news? Mine is still broken for me, and i see a few others with broken image :(

• linuxthefish said: Any news? Mine is still broken for me, and i see a few others with broken image :(

you'r one is working without any issue for me :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Jeffrey said: Since this place is owned and ran by ColoCrossing, why can't they just get a dedi up and running for LET? I know LET is about offering $7/Month VPS Servers, but does it have to be hosted on those small boxes when ran by a datacenter?

What makes you think the site is being hosted on LEBs?

• Guys,

Primarily the issue seems to be with the code of Vanilla, the forum software. Try using a different file type when you upload your profile picture.