Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

solusvm exploit? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

solusvm exploit?

2»

Comments

• AldryicAldryic Member

@AnthonySmith said: I am not really prepared to take it to PM @Aldryic Kevin decided to publicly post some BS about me I am happy to defend myself in public also.

Just a word of advice... if he said something about you that you feel was wrong or an attack, getting with him via PM to work it out (or even just simply requesting that line be removed/altered) could've resolved the issue before it became a screaming match. You're actively representing your company; petty squabbles don't reflect that well on character and disposition.

But hey, it's your public image. Just my two cents :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Aldryic good point well made, fair enough.

• [@Aldryic said]
    But hey, it's your public image. Just my two cents :P

Good advice from a man who's had more public confrontation than you can shake a stick at :P

• AldryicAldryic Member

@GetKVM-Ash said: Good advice from a man who's had more public confrontation than you can shake a stick at :P

It's good to sow a little confusion from time to time :3

• They call me the riddler lmao <3

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@GetKVM-Ash said: Good advice from a man who's had more public confrontation than you can shake a stick at :P

Please don't bring up Aldyric waving his stick, that nearly got us arrested mulitple times in Buffalo.

@FTN_Kevin said: If you truly wanted it resolved you would work with SolusVM directly and get it fixed.

This doesn't work with Solus, you guys have just never tried to it. Why do you think there's so many people rushing to break away from solus, yet so few attempts at anyone to replace cPanel?

cPanel listens to their community, keeps things documented and keeps to a timeline. Solus isn't making pennies on their panel. Their download servers are slow at ~1MB/sec as of last night while fixing a clients install so it isn't like they're paying for some bitchin' CDN.

cPanel addresses issues and all around does a great job keeping people informed. They charge more than Solus, isn't centralized and many other limiting things yet there's no big up roar.

We replaced solus after so much bullshit and others like @subigo has done so and made his setup opensource. They've burned a lot of bridges and while some people on here will suck up to them, that's pretty much just because a 'better solution' isn't available.

I will give every bit of praise to @subigo for doing what countless panels should do. Hell, even most of cPanel is uncompiled and only cpsrvd is closed up.

Francisco

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Francisco said: I will give every bit of praise to @subigo for doing what countless panels should do.

Ditto.

Thanks @Francisco

The same thing is in progress here, I don't have the level of skill in php as you but I am taking time every day to learn what I need to learn in the mean time CVM is in development funded so far entirely by inception hosting as a drop in for solusvm.

http://cvm.cryto.net/trac/wiki

there is a demo available for anyone that is interested in contributing and an actual set of monitoring/RRD stats for XEN based (and KVM an alpha) nodes is already complete to plug in all under the WTFPL so any hosts that want to can have an alternative without additional fee's which is probably why this thread has made me angry, I am doing something about it and for everyone not just myself. other people posting BS without the ability to back it up just annoys me as it would anyone.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • flyfly Member

how do i untag myself this is stupid

• aubsaubs Member

@Jack : no worries, glad you found it useful. :)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Francisco said: Please don't bring up Aldyric waving his stick

And he could poke someones eye out

• TazTaz Member

@FTN_Kevin I miss seriesn kid from wht Prem section. Remember him?

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited June 2012

WHT silly.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@taipres said: guess

guest*

• RandyRandy Member

OH, GOD o just ordered solusVM Master :( rofl. what is up with solusvm why is everyone hating on solusVM?

• laaevlaaev Member

@NinjaHawk said: I miss seriesn kid from wht Prem section. Remember him?

Yeah, who are you?

• @Randy,

While there are some things with SolusVM that take getting use to, it does perform well. We are working with SolusVM, and yes, they actually do work with their clients, on getting some additional features added in. It just takes awhile since its a 2 man show with a couple of cheap techs to fluff a ticket.

• TazTaz Member

@FTN_Kevin He is my cousin. I do not know what he keeps doing wrong. Boy gets banned on a daily routine. I do have a premium membership but ever bothered to post.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited June 2012

@NinjaHawk said: He is my cousin. I do not know what he keeps doing wrong. Boy gets banned on a daily routine. I do have a premium membership but ever bothered to post.

Next time you see him tell him you spoke with "Big & Sexy Kevin", he'll know ;)

He got suspended over 3 times, for being stupid. He called a user a jerk before and the latest one was for offering free unlimited hosting in his sig.

• TazTaz Member

@FTN_Kevin Ahh The Big Kevin From NYC who never Sleeps. He told me about you once.
    I will tell him once He comes back from Hospital. Kid had a Serious Car accident couple of weeks ago.

Thanked by 1laaev
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

SolusVM is the only script I've ever purchased that had less functionality after 6 months than when I originally bought it (it has more features now, but they still never replaced the functionality they removed last year when I started using it).

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Lol, many of new customers purchase a linux vps and setup is still pending due to some technical fault.

I feel I am luck.. ;)

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

@fly said:
    heard there was an exploit. but the greedy admins over at webhostingtalk are putting it behind the paywall known as "premium members forum".

anyone wanna tell the lowly folk?

I know this is an old thread but there was a new exploit they informed customers about this weekend...the same time they had the fix. I'm a very satisfied customer since they first started. There have been a few bumps along the way but that is par for the course.

I had a bad experience with webhostingtalk. They went and changed a bunch of my account info without my consent and some other things. They do not give you the option to delete your own posts and refused to delete them on my request. Then I asked them to delete my account which you also cannot do on your own and they refused to do that as well. So anything you post is out there forever combined with them changing your account info at will without your consent or control makes for very BAD PRIVACY policy.

Wow talk about epic necro, I forgot all about this flame war with big sexy Kevin or whatever name he uses these days :) seems silly now.

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

@Randy said:
    OH, GOD o just ordered solusVM Master :( rofl. what is up with solusvm why is everyone hating on solusVM?

Hate just comes with the territory I guess. If people aren't hating your product then you are not doing it right. Besides 75% of the info you read is nonsense. I find you have to develop a really good internal brain filter when trying to extract meaningful info from internet comments.