Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Review ~ 1 Months Intel Atom @ $5 /M - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Review ~ 1 Months Intel Atom @ $5 /M

2»

Comments

• NewforVPSNewforVPS Member
    edited June 2014

said: CPU model : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 230 @ 1.60GHz

Number of cores : 2

CPU frequency : 1599.996 MHz

Total amount of ram : 1843 MB

Total amount of swap : 3903 MB

My server is less RAM ???

Total amount of ram : 1467 MB

Total amount of swap : 2879 MB

• @Maounique said:
    There is a tutorial by joodle and also some info in the ks thread. It is not automatic like other deployments but possible nevertheless.

There's not anymore because joodle was linking to illegal windows images in that tutorial.

• @mpkossen said:
    There's not anymore because joodle was linking to illegal windows images in that tutorial.

:( I Believe in freedom

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

mpkossen said: There's not anymore because joodle was linking to illegal windows images in that tutorial.

Ah, didnt read it, however, I think there can be legal images instead, not a big deal.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

XxNisseGamerxX said: I Believe in freedom

Then surely you never use Windows, and prefer Free software and operating systems?

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

NewforVPS said: My server is less RAM ???

Total amount of ram : 1467 MB

NewforVPS said: Total amount of ram : 1843 MB

Btw 1843MB doesn't seem right either, maybe these have onboard video and are configured to use a part of system RAM for that. You both should contact support to reduce/disable that reserved RAM, or in @NewforVPS case it could be that one RAM stick is just plainly missing.

Thanked by 1NewforVPS
  • @NewforVPS - it sounds like video has reserved RAM. There is only one stick of RAM in these things anyway so its not missing stick.

Thanked by 1NewforVPS
  • @MarkTurner - Can I reduce it?

• @XxNisseGamerxX said:
    :( I Believe in freedom

Sorry, but I won't have links to illegal software downloads here.

@Maounique said:
    Ah, didnt read it, however, I think there can be legal images instead, not a big deal.

Those that Microsoft provides, or their distributors (like Digital River), are legal. But a slipstreamed ISO distributed by a user is not allowed according to their license terms. Just like we don't allowed "patched" versions of Adobe Dreamweaver to be shared here.

• @mpkossen said:
    Sorry, but I won't have links to illegal software downloads here.

Okay.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

Does delimiter really use CNServers? they have DDoS protection included with their dedicated servers?

• @Mark_R - where does CNServers come into play? We have no relationship with them

• @Mark_R said:
    Does delimiter really use CNServers? they have DDoS protection included with their dedicated servers?

I'm using CNservers, Not Delimiter :P

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Mark_RMark_R Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Mark_R - where does CNServers come into play? We have no relationship with them

I got confused because @nexmark added this in his original post:

My apologies.

• @Mark_R said:

It means that as CNServers blocked the DNS, having his Delimiter's server as a second DNS server saved him

Thanked by 1Mark_R