Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Torrenting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Torrenting

BellaBella Member
edited June 2014 in Requests

Hi I have a friend that is looking for a VPS that will allow torrenting as his ISP sent him a letter because he some game of thrones episodes.

I believe he would require a OffShore VPS.

Comments

• "Hi, I want a VPS for illegal torrenting."

Why is this a thing, and why do we allow it?

Thanked by 1Nickk
  • If that's illegal movies I don't think it's appropriate to ask here.

You may look at buyvm, or somewhere in ... China?

• @OP

It's not just you, a lot of these "which hosts allow illegal torrenting" threads are springing up, and they're all being allowed. You'll probably get an answer soon enough.

I hear ColoCrossing doesn't care if you torrent on their network. Same goes for OVH [ of course ], as well as DirectSpace and UbiquityServers.

• BellaBella Member

Okay, he mainly needs it to download Game of Thrones episodes.

• @Bella said:
    Okay, he mainly needs it to download Game of Thrones episodes.

He could just buy NetFlix, or watch it on the many illegal streaming websites.

• Go with a seed box provider and use private trackers. Don't buy a VPS for torrenting.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited June 2014

GVH. I would recommend NL, but I use a box in NYC for this (have done for months)

btw this is usually on a private tracker where everyone has auto-dl scripts and 1gbit seedboxes, so it's not uploading 24/7 but I've used public trackers too (uploaded about 400GB on watch_dogs)

P.S. watch_dogs sucks.

• "for a VPS that will allow tormenting".

Tormenting? Ouch

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GoodHosting said: He could just buy NetFlix,

Yeah, I love watching Netflix on my iPod classic, those eps are...wait...

OK, what I meant is that I like watching them when I'm on the plane, because...wait...

I also like Netflix because I can just pay one fee and have access to everything without having to sign up for multiple overlapping services and download recordings of TV shows and...hold on...

Actually, the cool thing about Netflix is that I can download stuff overnight and watch it the next day that way the Internet connection isn't tied up when five people are all using it and complaining, that's a neat feature that...oh...

OK, what I REALLY meant was that I was making this hilarious video for a friend and I wanted to cut in a scene from this old movie that was made in 1947 and it's ridiculous it's still under copyright, so with Netflix I can take the video and edit...um...

Actually, let me start over with DVDs...see, there I can put the movie in and just watch the movie without having to wade through 15 minutes of mandatory warnings, FBI messages, anti-piracy videos, promos, disclaimers and...no, that's not it...

I'm sure there is some advantage to your Hollywood slavery vision.

• Yeah no we're not allowing our VPSes to be used for illegal torrenting, sorry.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AThomasHowe said: Go with a seed box provider and use private trackers. Don't buy a VPS for torrenting.

This. Go read the Kickass Torrents forum and learn about seedboxes.

• BellaBella Member

Okay I told my friend to buy a seedbox from a good seedbox provider. a mod can close this therad now.

• jebberjebber Member

Direct Downloads dawg.

Torrents are too risky.

• FritzFritz Veteran

use Zbigz. They are good.

• Tell your friend to stop torrenting better yet.

• If you really need torrent, use service like zbigz, or if you want a lot cheaper go for filestream.me

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

Hi!

In Hungary downloading movies or music is legal for personal usage. Check our packages: http://www.mikrovps.eu/vps/xen

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@hostnoob said:

P.S. watch_dogs sucks.

WHAT??!!!

Watch_Dogs is da bomb. You can play hide and seek without getting out of your chair.

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 Mark_R
This discussion has been closed.