Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spamhaus, Tax Evasion, Shell Companies, Extortion Strategies, Blackmail and Much Much More - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spamhaus, Tax Evasion, Shell Companies, Extortion Strategies, Blackmail and Much Much More

124»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

This enters the category of managing themselves, not blindly blocking according to the lists, TBH nobody complained about gmail deliveries when spamhaus listed us, only yahoo, mainly and microsoft a bit.
    Perhaps gmail does block when there are other elements pointing to spam in addition to spamhaus listing, such as content.

• nerouxneroux Member

SASP said: Spamhaus does blacklist ISPs entirely even though no spam has ever been sent.

They dont stop at ISPs, they blackmail entire domain registries.

• SASPSASP Member

@neroux said:
    They dont stop at ISPs, they blackmail entire domain registries.

Yes but to do so they blackmail the network where the registrar is hosted, most of the times the registrar as its own network.

An ISP reported me that they once received a notification from spamhaus that one of their IP was added in Spamhaus' sbl. Spamhaus tried to tricked the ISP into visiting a link on their page, as this is not how it should be done the ISP requested Spamhaus to provide the entire message including headers of the spam they received.

Spamhaus did not reply and added the entire prefix to their block list with a text on their page that said that the ISP was a spam and criminals hosting company, that the ISP was ignoring their reports and that Spamhaus' users did not want to receive traffic from this network.

Spamhaus has a very tiny amount of users, but a real huge amount of "useds".

• SASPSASP Member

Regarding Google mail, they don't use blacklists and they don't use return path.
    Some people told that Gmail was using some blacklists but I have performed some tests and never was able to figure out any of them.

• nerouxneroux Member

SASP said: Yes but to do so they blackmail the network where the registrar is hosted, most of the times the registrar as its own network.

The way I understood it was they blocked the registry's domain itself not necessarily (only) their network.

• @tchen said:
    Please take your wikipedia ego tiffs elsewhere. Sincerely, lurker.

Go back to the kid table of bashing GVH/CC while the adults talk adult things.

• SASP said: Spamhaus tried to tricked the ISP into visiting a link on their page, as this is not how it should be done the ISP requested Spamhaus to provide the entire message including headers of the spam they received.

Spamhaus did not reply and added the entire prefix to their block list with a text on their page that said that the ISP was a spam and criminals hosting company, that the ISP was ignoring their reports and that Spamhaus' users did not want to receive traffic from this network.

I had this personally happen to me.

Their response is DONT YOU USE THE FEED INFO FROM OTHER SOURCES?

If you're going to email my abuse department and say you're blacklisting me, you better damn well provide us useful and helpful information as this goes both ways. Spamhaus can be more ISP friendly and get off their Steve Linford soap box of their delusions of grandeur about their "mission" (shaking down people for money similar to the 'criminals' they claim they fight)

I mean Spamhaus insists on breaking my privacy policy of disclosing information to third parties to resolve SBLs which I firmly stated no and they've backpedaled.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited July 2014

Dylan said: SpamCop is owned by Cisco, not a little independent organization, so it seems much less likely they'd get all power-trippy.

Spamcop is just as bad, if not worse.

Michael Vilain, with his automated emails, will scan through your AUP/TOS and see your "we'll charge you $1,000,000 if you get blacklisted" stuff which is to chase off email marketers. I mean seriously the industry does this and I've yet to work for providers who have forced spammers to pay to clean up blacklists: they all cut and run.

Michael Vilain in his Spamcop notification emails will speculate and engage in a rumor to your uplink carrier stating that your company harbors spammers. Absolutely ridiculous.

Michael Vilain is about as drunk on volunteer power as Steve Linford. Both deserve high speed lead poisoning at point blank ranges before being kicked into holes they predug for themselves.

So far had no issues with spamcop, there are rare incidents, though, usually we get emails from them after we already shutdown the spammer, while spamhaus does not even bother.

• rds100rds100 Member

@Maounique spamcop can be setup to send you emails every hour with reported IP in the last hour. They are OK, never had a problem with them.

• SASPSASP Member

The most dangerous is that all these organizations have no clue about how the Internet works.

I did not have problems with Spamcop, however I remember once that I used to receive flood from their e-mail servers. I exchanged a few e-mails with the operator, after proving he was wrong he just stopped replying to my questions. There was no further issue with Spamcop unlike Spamhaus which when proved wrong will extort you using all their dirty tactics.

edited July 2014

SASP said: will extort you using all their dirty tactics.

Didnt work here, they never blacklisted the whole as nor did they follow up on their theat to keep the /23 blacklisted forever, anyway, we do no care since we are not an email provider nor looking to get email marketing customers and all the others have alternatives for thousands of free mails a month. It is the turning point, after that blacklisting we had roughly half the spammers which signed up before and mostly due to compromised vms or VPN services.
    We also eliminated the other problem as some free DNS providers were using spamhaus to check for spammers, we now have our own free dns system and for people wanting more and having premium services, Rage4 is available for free too.

• doughmanes said: I mean Spamhaus insists on breaking my privacy policy of disclosing information to third parties to resolve SBLs which I firmly stated no and they've backpedaled.

I think they're breaking privacy laws with all the information and addresses they publish about spammers on their own website.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • SASPSASP Member

@Maounique said:
    Didnt work here, they never blacklisted the whole as nor did they follow up on their theat to keep the /23 blacklisted forever, anyway, we do no care since we are not an email provider nor looking to get email marketing customers and all the others have alternatives for thousands of free mails a month.

The same to me, we never made a marketing campaign, there are so many ways we could bypass their censorship, they crossed the line when I've seen them censoring upstream and domain registrars.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

I had to remove SpamCop since they blacklist gmail sometimes..