Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raidlogic went off? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raidlogic went off?

2»

Comments

• MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

@mikho said:

Just asking the obvious as I am genuinely curious =D. Never was a customer, just find it odd that there was no communication for almost an entire year then a sudden "re-launch". Maybe there was a legitimate reason but looks like there wasn't.

• RaidLogicRaidLogic Member
    edited March 2015

@meanservers We do have a legitimate reason all shall be explained in due time way before we launch.

Yes we will be using the same brand. Our past service was always top notch im sure most will remember, what happen was almost unrecoverable 90% of our infrastructure was gone after the shutdown of burstnet. We never got an burstnet notice like some claim check your facts and you will notice what happen.

Just doing some damage control.

@ricardo We did sent email to all clients should have used mandrill or other 3rd party email services to sent, it is obvious now that many did not receive this email.

@nekki I prefer being honest and explain in due time what transpired and regain the trust of this community not easy task.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

Well, best of luck to you. Regaining the trust of the community is not an easy task, Just be honest, if you lie people will see right through it and burn you at the stake. It is commendable that you decided to use the same brand, I will give you that.

• @meanservers Yes not an easy task but trust takes time and we have plenty of it.

Maybe in the future you can give us a try a do a review

Cheers

• NekkiNekki Veteran

RaidLogic said: @nekki I prefer being honest and explain in due time what transpired and regain the trust of this community not easy task.

It was more of a back-handed compliment to you that you hadn't taken the route of so many others.

• lazytlazyt Member

Read the burst threads on wht most customers found out about the shutdown the day the servers died. Usually when the customers started screaming at them.

• I'm confused how you "lost" 90% of your equipment. While the notice was short, plenty of folks were able to get their equipment out of burst post shutdown by providing the building owner with proof of ownership, they were allowed to remove any equipment left by burst, either in person or arranging to have someone pick it up. Even those who got caught in the subsequent move and eventual complete shutdown had notice, albeit very short. The notice for colo customers came out of the announcement to move to dc74 with people questioning what would happen to colo. From that point on you knew burst was leaving and would need to go get your equipment.

Let's say you had ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY to get to 90% of your equipment, you could have still explained to customers what happened. Instead you hid, took your site offline and ignored everyone for a year hoping it would just go away. Sorry, I would never give your company a penny considering how you have treated all your past customers, not caring one bit about their businesses. Now you show up, oh, we'll give you service/refund now when prob over half have long since forgotten or lack documentation to justify a refund or service...now your remorseful and generous? Sorry, don't buy any of it. Sure the burst situation sucked, but you were not the only company impacted. There were many...and many of those continued to operate by doing what was necessary for their customers instead of completely disappearing and blaming it all on burst.

Thanked by 2k0nsl VikingLayer
  • Nekki said: Pro tip; to avoid pesky questions when coming back after a major meltdown such a this, start a new company under an assumed name, preferably female.

...Or start a new thread with a new title. Using "Raidlogic went off" to inform LETers that you are back, is... Well, ehhmm... Crazy?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    ...Or start a new thread with a new title. Using "Raidlogic went off" to inform LETers that you are back, is... Well, ehhmm... Crazy?

This is a thread from last year started by someone else.

• @lazyt said:
    Read the burst threads on wht most customers found out about the shutdown the day the servers died. Usually when the customers started screaming at them.

There was notice, and we're talking about two shutdowns. The first was the move to dc74, colo customers got left behind. Notice this would happen was known prior to the actual shutdown. If you had 90% of your equipment there, you sure as hell should have been paying attention and making plans. The second shutdown was at dc74, and again notice was given. It was certainly short, but given recent events was completely expected.

Was it official notice on the colo? No, you would have to read the thread to see the confirmations from burst as to what would happen to that stuff, but again, with 90% of my equipment there I would have been glued to that conversation.

Burst deserves a lot of blame for a lot of things, but they are dead now. What happened here was caused by burst, no argument there except claiming waking up one day to all equipment gone with no idea there was trouble and no attempt to get it back. I have issue with how rl went deadpool to avoid any responsibility for the problem. Burst was in trouble for quite awhile before they closed, any customer with majority of equip there should have been aware and had contingency plans. Or at the very least have a damn backbone to admit to customers their choice of a known troubled provider hastened their demise. Here, they just disappeared completely and ignored everyone. I'm a firm believer past actions predict future behavior.

• Nekki said: This is a thread from last year started by someone else.

Yes, I noticed that. And if I was him, I would stop bumping this thread and I would open a new one with a new title! Just to do any damage control could save from this... :-)

• @mattkc Before you go on a rant know your facts we never was a colo customer we rented our gear and the notice we received was days if not hours before the actual shutdown, combined with perfect timing on getting a divorce you can see the results.

I admit the whole thing could have been handled a lot better and i apology for this.

In a few weeks we should be up and running still need to hire new staff and setup and stress test a few nodes. Anyone willing to beta test can P.M me. These will be OpenVZ vps.

Cheers

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

old thread, let's not resurrect the dead.
    if you have any new issues, open a new thread.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.