Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StatusCake Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StatusCake Support

epaslvepaslv Member
edited June 2014 in General

I am curious to know how many people here use StatusCake.

I have over the last 12 months requested support on three occasions due to some issues and in all three cases I get an automated response back that someone from their team will get back to me. In all cases (despite re-sending a reminder email) that's the last I hear from them.

Is it just me, or has anyone else has similar issues.

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I've been using StatusCake for some time now and I've never had to use their support. I'd try sending them something on their twitter, their latest tweet was apparently 16 hours ago so they are (somewhat) active there.

• Twitter has always been very helpful to get them for me also

• Hello epaslv,
    Thanks for this post – it does allow me to address some points on StatusCake support in recently months. Around a month and half ago our main competitor changed its design and functionality which in many of their users views severely crippled it’s functionality and we had a huge influx of users (around 25,000 in 1 week) who then came to StatusCake and obviously with such a huge influx we needed to ramp up staffing very quickly – alas we could not do it quick enough. We’ve since added several new staff members and improved support to the level I always have aimed for.

That said a rather amateur mistake (by myself of all people) lead to some emails being sent from our form (which I suspect is where you sent it from) were lost into the void. If you’ve not got a response then please do resend it to [email protected] and I can assure you that it will get a response within 12 hours.

To everyone else – I would not have co-founded StatusCake if I thought either myself or my business partner would accept anything other than fantastic support. It’s a company formed in passion, I could earn a decent wage elsewhere working for someone else but I know and strongly believe that we can deliver the product everyone accepts of us. If you’ve been impacted by poor support please do accept my real heartfelt apologies.

Kind Regards,
    Daniel Clarke

• epaslvepaslv Member

Firstly, thanks for the reply all including Daniel. Congrats on the 25k subscribers I am sure the problems you had are worth dealing with in the long run.

I sent all support requests via email to [email protected], was not aware of a form. I do think you would benefit from a ticket based support system, such as the one used in WHMCS.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

I had a billing issue and I never heard back from them. However other than that the service was fine.

• epaslvepaslv Member

@SCDaniel Thanks for the reply on 5th June, but its now 11th of June and still no reply.

Will someone respond?

• petrispetris Member

I ceased paying for statuscake primarily because it was impossible to add a check for an ipv6 IP. I sent an email to support with no reply. This was at least a few months ago.

• epaslvepaslv Member

Well I have given StatusCake a second and third chance now. Tried private messaging too and despite the promises to improve support, I can only say that its worse than crap now.

No response to Ticket #F1OPD for over 2 weeks

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I got my response within 48Hours not that bad.

• epaslvepaslv Member

@Infinity580 48hours is good,

for me its now 19 days and counting

@epaslv yeah i got a response in 48 hours but its not fixed until now and its weeks ago.

edited June 2014

@epaslv just today 1 Hour delay until they confirmed my vps vent down:

The first is phpservermonitor which checks it all 30 seconds, second Uptimerobot interval 5 Minutes had a 14mins delay and third statuscake delay over 60mins... btw not an outage just cancled it dont need it anymore.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • @Infinity580 said:
    epaslv just today 1 Hour delay until they confirmed my vps vent down...

@Infinity580, funny I have been doing the same: i.e., have multiple monitors to see who "wins" and who "loses" in terms of accurately determining the downtimes. In my case UptimeRobot vs my "home brew" vs others.

• Also what's up with this?

• Hey all,

I've found this thread after searching for information on StatusCake support, because I've just recently signed up and am finding support to be very slow. In fact, I have had no response to my support requests at all, other than the initial acknowledgement email. And today, I found that my two support requests have been deleted from my support status page.

It's been a year since this thread was active... has anyone found any improvement in support? I'm evaluating StatusCake now, and had intended to upgrade to a paid version if it was good, but the poor support response I've had so far is not encouraging.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

silentmiles said: It's been a year since this thread was active... has anyone found any improvement in support? I'm evaluating StatusCake now, and had intended to upgrade to a paid version if it was good, but the poor support response I've had so far is not encouraging.

No, I recently canceled my paid plan because of the same thing. Signup for nodeping and you won't regret it. Support is much better

Thanked by 1NodePing