Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seflow.net/domflow.it - Reduced CPU pricing and a bit of information from customer side.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

seflow.net/domflow.it - Reduced CPU pricing and a bit of information from customer side.

Got this email earlier today.

we're proud to accounce that SeFlow is one of the first cloud provider in italy with over >890 vm activated in two mounths. We have listened your reviews and now we're ready to >tune CloudFlow.

>

We want inform you that we reduced CPU core price from 0.01/h to 0.005/h (first CPU core >still free). To balance that changes we increased HDD space price from 0.0001/h to >0.0002/h and added little fee for powered off vm: 0.0001/CPU e 0.000001/RAM.

This change permit you great savings on multi vm deployments and is easy for you now >resell vm.

In a few days we will launch our CDN platform, fully integrated in cloudflow. You will be >able to create white-labeled resource at only e0.020/ GB !! No initialm commitment, you >will be free to use your cloudflow funds.

Please not esitate to contact us for any informations.

I like this company, they are pretty fast at replying and seem good, I have account for over 2 months (Used there recharge 5 euro get 20 euro promo)

I cant really say how there cloud servers are since I ran one for like 5 minutes and thats it :-P.

But just so people know, they give your first CPU AND IP free (meaning first cloud server created) and if you create 2 servers you could use a internal IPv4 (free) or use a ipv6 (i think its free) to save 0.002 euro a hour on IPv4 - but you have to take the ipv4 after creating the server then assign it a internal ip or ipv6.

I am looking forward to the cdn - looks fun :-D

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

said: we reduced CPU core price from 0.01/h to 0.005/h (first CPU core >still free). To balance that changes we increased HDD space price from 0.0001/h to >0.0002/h

Ookay, so they made the 2nd+ CPU core which barely anyone uses cheaper, but "to balance" they raise prices on the HDD space, which is something everyone uses. Yeah, looks absolutely "balanced" there.

• StevieStevie Member

@rm_
    lol, but its still pretty cheap :-P, but I understand what you mean.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

This makes their cheapest possible VM (256 MB RAM, 5 GB disk) cost 1.44 EUR/mo instead of 1.08 EUR/mo.

• StevieStevie Member

You can do 128 MB ram VPS in the control panel (i just logged in to create a vps)

But yea you are correct, it is more expensive - a 128 mb is 1.22 euro a month and having it power off is 0.95616 - meh :-/

• serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2014

• StevieStevie Member

@rm_
    I am not sure what to say, I emailed support and they said first ipv4 is free but when i create a vps with only ipv6 with 128 mb ram and 1 cpu core with 5 gig space it says €0.0004992 a hour = 0.359424 a month.

Now I am confused :-/

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

rm_ said: This makes their cheapest possible VM (256 MB RAM, 5 GB disk) cost 1.44 EUR/mo

Stevie said: But yea you are correct, it is more expensive - a 128 mb is 1.22 euro a month

So first of all, I thought I had been rorting their system with a 128Mb box, glad I'm not the only one :)

Secondly, I am confused, @Steve says @_rm is correct, but then say the opposite in that that the 128Mb option is now more expensive...

• StevieStevie Member
    edited June 2014

@BluBoy

Sorry if I confused you, its 1 a.m lol.

But I posted what they emailed me, then rm said it is more expensive (and stated a 256mb machine is now 1.44 euro a month) but I said that 256 mb ram is not the minimum, 128 MB ram is and the 128mb ram option costs 1.22 a month.

BluBoy, what I am confused is that after I got that email i sent a reply and they said the first IPv4 is free, so why when i change the ipv4 to ipv6 that same vps is like 1/5 the price :-/

• StevieStevie Member

@BluBoy @rm_

Oh my god, this is why I should not post late at night!

Ok so I was wrong, the 128 mb ram, 5 gig hd, 1 core VPS, IPv4 is exactly: 1.079424 Euro a month (I think 0.001 euro cheaper?) €0.0014992 /h

I left 1 gig swap ram on (not 100% my fault, the control panel kept leaving it at one, but i finally got it to 0)

So yea Its still cheap.

Gotta stop posting when half asleep.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

nice one shame they are . horribly inflexible with dedi servers :(

• AmitzAmitz Member

Inflexible in what sense?

Would not do a disk upgrade unless a new server is taken, would not move current IP's to new server, and my personal favorite still a setup fee on server if you pay for them a year up front.

• AmitzAmitz Member

That indeed does not sound flexible...

Not the end of the world, the network is good and the staff are friendly enough, just means that they make it hard to expand which to my mind does not make business sense but I am sure they have their own reasons.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2014

This was my reason for asking. I was in contact with Matteo some months ago and he was very friendly and flexible at least in terms of price negotiation. However, strange that this flexibility does not exist with existing services as it seems. But as you say - They might have a reason for that...

• AnthonySmith said: Would not do a disk upgrade unless a new server is taken, would not move current IP's to new server, and my personal favorite still a setup fee on server if you pay for them a year up front.

Can't complain, even got my own IP space routed free to my 2 dedis.

Yep the service is fine, just the post sales flexibility is limiting.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2014

Yea, i wish i could have got 2x2TB HDDs instead of buying a new box.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Would not do a disk upgrade unless a new server is taken, would not move current IP's to new server, and my personal favorite still a setup fee on server if you pay for them a year up front.

this is why we had portable ip. With portable ip you can switch from one server to another from customer portal or trought API. We allow ram upgrade, but for CPU or disk you need to change server. Our tournover are pretty high, not at ovh or hetzner level, but enough to impose us some limitations on servers. Manage upgrade requires staff and more spare parts then now and this raise the monthly fee. This is why high end provider exist, flexibility is not cheap on provider side.

Thanked by 1Mark_R

@matteob yep I did not realize portable IP's were even an option before sign up, are they new?

I would have been happy to pay a management fee to move the IP's but I suppose putting none portable IP's in to your portable IP VLAN is probably not something you can/ want to do.

I understand you have to draw a line and you probably accept it results in losing a customer in some cases.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited June 2014

Not new, we launched portable IP 27 December 2012. ( http://kb.seflow.it/article/portable-ip-and-portable-blocks-failover-ip-25.html )

For vlan we can move from one server to another if is secondary. Now most of additional vlan ip are added as secondary, so can be migrated. We made that change about 5 months ago, earlier i can confirm that most of the time vlan migration was not possible.

our major issue is accept customer that require large ip assignement, this is why we push customer to ask us advertise their own ip for free (like William that can move ips trought all servers).

Regards

@matteob I have been with you longer than 5 months maybe that is the reason, sadly this is also why LES cant expand in Italy but I guess this is my fault for not asking in advance about disk upgrades and IP moves as that has never been an issue in any other DC I use, maybe I just got lucky.

• StevieStevie Member

@matteob

Well I emailed your support yesturday and they told me the first ipv4 is free - but when i have 0 servers made and create a ipv6 only server its costs is about 0.34 euro a month??? but if i create a ipv4 server with same spec's it is 1.08 euro a month? So first ipv4 is not free.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited June 2014

@Stevie said:

thats strange, please open a trouble ticket with vm url and we will take a look.

• StevieStevie Member

@matteob

It's not on a running server, but you can go to the control panel and just create a 128 mb ram / 5 gig hd / 0 gig swap/ ipv6 for 0.35 euro a month, but if you put ipv4 it is 1.08 euro i will post this in a trouble ticket if you still wish?

• @Stevie said:

We need a running vm that show the problem to troubleshoot. Please create it then open a trouble ticket.

Thank you

• StevieStevie Member

@matteob

I understand why you said to make a running server now.
    I can duplicate the ON €0.0004992 /hr OFF €0.0001280 /hr pricing when when you try to build it (the final step) It says you need a public IP

But my point is still valid, I have a email that says the first ipv4 is free, so why is it 1.08 euro a month? shouldnt the ipv6 pricing at like 0.35 euro a month be correct?

I think it means it is included in the base price but they have not separated it out well when it comes to the creating of a VPS.

• StevieStevie Member

@AnthonySmith

I wonder if its that the calculator goes bunkers if you switch the ipv4 to ipv6 (not sure why though)

But wouldn't it be fun to have a ipv4 with the above specs (and being a cloud server) for 0.35 euro a month from a reputable company :-P

• StevieStevie Member

@matteob

Since we had a misinterpretation and since the ticket is closed I hope its ok if I post here.

Here is a IPv4 with normal pricing (this is when i am creating my first cloud server in my account at domflow)

And here is the same thing except changed the ipv4 to a ipv6 address:

So I guess its a calculator error, which is why I asked how is ipv4 (the first one on the first created server on my account) more expensive then IPv6.

But I see its just a pricing glitch.