Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Checkout - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Checkout

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I pay that fees as well. 10$ when my payoneer card arrived and 5$ for each load of the card... I belive he is talking about flat monthly fee of the 2co account itself.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

https://www.2checkout.com/pricing/

^ That's the right page for pricing. When I first heard about the fee, I asked them if I would get hit with it and was told no. But sure enough, a few weeks later I get the fee and a generic response from them telling me who it's going to be cheaper than the competitors and provide me with better features.

Nope. Stripe is awesome and I can't wait to start using them.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@subigo said: Nope. Stripe is awesome and I can't wait to start using them.

4%? Christ.

Francisco

• subigosubigo Member

@Francisco said: 4%? Christ.

Francisco

For Stripe or 2checkout? Either is wrong for me...

Stripe: 2.9% + 30 cents

2checkout: 4%? I wish... they charge me 5.5% + 50 cents

@subigo said: 2checkout: 4%? I wish... they charge me 5.5% + 50 cents

Oh? they mention it being a 'flat fee' now, unless that's only in very special cases?

I never liked 2CO.

Francisco

• SpencerSpencer Member

I was banned from 2co because of one transaction. We had $200 in our account and somebody did a chargeback and we lost that $200 because they closed our account.

@PytoHost said: I was banned from 2co because of one transaction. We had $200 in our account and somebody did a chargeback and we lost that $200 because they closed our account.

I got a friend that claims he has to keep an 'always full retainer' with 2CO just to use them and it isn't anything small, it's easily a few hundred.

Francisco

• subigosubigo Member

@Francisco said: I got a friend that claims he has to keep an 'always full retainer' with 2CO just to use them and it isn't anything small, it's easily a few hundred.

Francisco

Correct. I can't remember the percentage, but they keep a certain amount of my balance each month and it rolls over to the next month.

• CoreyCorey Member

That's BS... I wouldnt ever use them.... thanks for the info @subigo

I am in a dead end at the moment, calclulating the loses of using 2co as main payment method. I had to switch due a random limitation of my PayPal and even now unlimited I am sceptical and a bit worried to switch back to PayPal of another random limitation, that would take weeks to get resolved.

@subigo said: Correct. I can't remember the percentage, but they keep a certain amount of my balance each month and it rolls over to the next month.

So if you stopped using it, at some point they'd have $0 of your cash on retainer?

I know our credit card processor keeps 45% of our cash for 60 days or something like that but we haven't bothered talking to them in a year or two to get the figure lowered.

Francisco

• subigosubigo Member

@Francisco said: I know our credit card processor keeps 45% of our cash for 60 days or something like that but we haven't bothered talking to them in a year or two to get the figure lowered.

Francisco

Correct. I think it's 30 days, but it might be 90 days. I'll have to look.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

@subigo They hold it for 3 Months, I have about $300 in my held balance.

The fees are already bad, How and why are they increasing them!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

omg why do you use 2co ?!?! paypal seems a better option, including the fees

• well if you want I can help with Google checkout transaction linked to an Indian credit card.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@netomx said: paypal seems a better option, including the fees

2co is for those who lose paypal, if paypal didn't limit people, 2co would not exist.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@netomx said: omg why do you use 2co ?!?! paypal seems a better option, including the fees

Paypal not support all country :)

• AldryicAldryic Member

I hear about all these 2CO stories, and I can't help but wonder. Did you even READ their terms before giving them your wallet?

• subigosubigo Member

@Aldryic said: I hear about all these 2CO stories, and I can't help but wonder. Did you even READ their terms before giving them your wallet?

Yeah. In 2003, when I signed up. Things change over the course of a decade.

@Aldryic said: I hear about all these 2CO stories, and I can't help but wonder. Did you even READ their terms before giving them your wallet?

What about them?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

I found this http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y211/m03/abu0282/s02 interesting compraison

• CoreyCorey Member

@gbshouse looks like the only reason paypal stays alive is because of popularity with buyers. If google checkout and skrill would market more towards buyers and keep their good fees and resolution process and such that the sellers like they would be the leader.

edited May 2012

Skrill (ex. Moneybookers) is cool, they support many payment options in Europe. For example the most popular card in Ireland is Laser and as far as I know only Skrill is supporting it. Beside that they provide prepaid Mastercard cards which is cool for Internet payments

• carlosgcarlosg Member

If you're thinking about signing up with Skrill you should read this first:
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1110225

@Corey said: because of popularity with buyers.

and "feebay".

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@gbshouse said: Skrill (ex. Moneybookers) is cool

Thy are? I dropped them 5 or 6 years ago when they fail to recognize valid US Businesses as businesses.

@miTgiB - works for me and few my customers in Europe

• CoreyCorey Member

@netomx yes they have a monopoly going on @ ebay.... so many fees... first they charge you to post item... then they charge you when your item sells.... then you get charged @ paypal too for how much money is going in your paypal account.

@Corey said: @netomx yes they have a monopoly going on @ ebay.... so many fees... first they charge you to post item... then they charge you when your item sells.... then you get charged @ paypal too for how much money is going in your paypal account.

but for me, it's the best for buying, me being in Mexico and picking the items in Texas.

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited May 2012

Indeed 2Co is getting worse.

Bear in mind they would happily transfer your money into what they call StoneRiver UCF System if you leave your account dormant (i.e. no Sales).