Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM announces SSD Hybrid storage on all OpenVZ nodes - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM announces SSD Hybrid storage on all OpenVZ nodes

13»

Comments

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Derek said: Time to temp Delta with some chocolate and take away the coffee and energy drinks.

Sunflower seeds. Trust me :P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Aldryic said: Sunflower seeds. Trust me :P

You're sharing company secrets you dick.

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sunflower seeds is a rough addiction to break. It's like smoking for those who don't hate their lungs.

• Is it bcache? only one I've spent any time looking at.

@vrillusions said: Is it bcache? only one I've spent any time looking at.

Nah bcache is quite old, last dev was in like 2009?

Francisco

@jarland said: Sunflower seeds is a rough addiction to break. It's like smoking for those who don't hate their lungs.

It's so true =\

If i'm not careful I'll chew through a full bag of 'em in a day.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Francisco said: If i'm not careful I'll chew through a full bag of 'em in a day.

I'm like that with gum. I can chew packs of it in one day.

• DiltDilt Member
    edited May 2012

Someone should start a company called BuyBEEFJERKY

edit: Close enough: Bulk Beef Jerky

• KairusKairus Member

@TheHackBox said: I'm like that with gum. I can chew packs of it in one day.

This. I chew a pack of gum a day or so, sometimes more :D. I used to eat a lot of sunflower seeds, I think I have a fresh bag in the closet...

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

@Francisco said: If i'm not careful I'll chew through a full bag of 'em in a day.

Too true... seeds and peanuts.

• lumaluma Member

Fix your existing services before trying to come out with new ideas!!!?!?!?!?!!

• @luma said: Fix your existing services before trying to come out with new ideas!!!?!?!?!?!!

Well damn, that's incredibly specific!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@luma Don't be raining on our parade. I say our because I will be making purchases :)

• lumaluma Member

@jarland said: on't be raining on our parade. I say our because I will be making purchases :)

sorry, I drank entierely too much and was making a joke. services are good, just carefull with Anthony, that guy is one weird sob!

@luma said: sorry, I drank entierely too much and was making a joke.

You and Anthony should get along just fine.

:3

Francisco

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic there is no bulk buying right? to give chance to many people who waited?

@jcaleb said: @Aldryic there is no bulk buying right? to give chance to many people who waited?

Nothing stops it, just understand that if you plan to buy 10, you can't resell 9 of them to try to clear a nice profit.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2012

i just want to grab 1. just afraid some people buy so much that others don't get chance.

Edit:
    Got one 128mb. Man, those stocks lasted only about 1millisecond....

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I got my first BuyVM at 4am this morning, and connecting via ssh and doing stuff at command line was so fast, compared to my vps from other 5 providers. It feels like I'm just at my own terminal. Is that because of Location of DataCenter being closer to mine? Or other factors?

@jcaleb said: I got my first BuyVM at 4am this morning, and connecting via ssh and doing stuff at command line was so fast, compared to my vps from other 5 providers. It feels like I'm just at my own terminal. Is that because of Location of DataCenter being closer to mine? Or other factors?

Likely that and we just work to maintain our nodes :) A few of them have the SSD cache. Another 4 nodes are getting them tonight as well as 8 more nodes we got coming up tomorrow will have them.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @jcaleb said: Is that because of Location of DataCenter being closer to mine? Or other factors?

It's due to the ping

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2012

just curious how to choose vps in the future. i want spread out to different provider, but does that mean only choose California hosted?

• That really depends on your needs. If you have a VPS with 200ms ping everything you type into the console will appear with at least 200ms delay, theres no way around that. But if it doesn't bother you that much you can choose a VPS pretty much anywhere.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited May 2012

There was stock on 256MB and 512MB but I spent too long on the order page :(