Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help Related to Cpanel-DNSOnly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need help Related to Cpanel-DNSOnly

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
edited June 2014 in Help

hi there

just got a problem, i am unable to conclude.

i therefore need some help to fix this.

ok the problems is like this.

3 main servers (web servers) with cpanel, say

serv1.domain.com

serv2.domain.com

serv3.doamin.com

10 tiny servers for dns/ns with cpanel-dnsonly, say

ns1.domain.com

ns2.----

... till ns10.domain.com

my problem is, i want to add all the 10 ns's to all the 3 main cpanel servers.

i have seen different ns with different web-servers

as i try this option of putting all the dnsonly servers to the main servers for the ns delegation, the delegation fails.....

need urgent help, if any body could.

i have seen @mpkossen with a good enough tutorial on the LEB, also a few more tutorials here and there, but could not find a solution even on the cpanel site.

even @BuyCPanel_Kevin or any other could help me, i would always be extremely grateful to you people...

Comments

• How is it failed exactly?

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

when i cluster all the ns to all the webservers, it simply dosent resolve

• Did you properly assign host record on registrar and A record of the nameservers? Did you try using IP address instead of hostname (ns1-10.domain.com) ?

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • @agentmishra said:
    when i cluster all the ns to all the webservers, it simply dosent resolve

try using ip

Thanked by 1agentmishra

umm

i feel all the dnsonly's cannot be synced to all webservers, i mean say a few ns to the 1st server and than the remaining to the 2nd server, or can all be synced with all the web-servers?

• Yes all nameservers can be added to all webservers.

Thanked by 1agentmishra

umm

let me do things again, will do a fresh reload and fresh install and then again try to screw my head...

haha

let me try again

• Hi Agentmishra,

If you are still having issues and you have purchased your cPanel license from BuycPanel you are more than welcome to email our support team at [email protected] and they can assist you with this issue!

Thanks, Kevin

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Taken from memory about this issue posted on the cPanel forums, you should set the dns-only to only receive updates, never sync back to the webservers.

This since cPanel doesn't like domains that aren't hosted on that server. Meaning that cpsrv1 won't accept any domains hosted on cpsrv2.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
    edited June 2014

@BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    Hi Agentmishra,

If you are still having issues and you have purchased your cPanel license from BuycPanel you are more than welcome to email our support team at [email protected] and they can assist you with this issue!

Thanks, Kevin

will sure raise the ticket, but let me try once again...

as of now, i am on to some other stuff, but will surely do so

@MikHo said:
    Taken from memory about this issue posted on the cPanel forums, you should set the dns-only to only receive updates, never sync back to the webservers.

This since cPanel doesn't like domains that aren't hosted on that server. Meaning that cpsrv1 won't accept any domains hosted on cpsrv2.

and if i set the dns-only to only receive updates, will it work for cpserv1 and cpserv2, etc...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@agentmishra said:
    and if i set the dns-only to only receive updates, will it work for cpserv1 and cpserv2, etc...

Yes.
    Search the cpanel forum and you will find a picture on how it os supposed to work.

Thanked by 1agentmishra