Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (WWDC) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (WWDC)

2»

Comments

• So slow to download. Taking over 5 hours. And I have 60 Down 10 Up at home. :( Apple needs to improve their network for mass amounts of ppl downloading.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited October 2014

@Stacy said:
    So slow to download. Taking over 5 hours. And I have 60 Down 10 Up at home. :( Apple needs to improve their network for mass amounts of ppl downloading.

There must be lots of people who waited until the weekend, and they are all downloading at the same time. I have 50 Mbps down at home, and all of my Apple updates were running the full 50. They were very fast.

Edit: I downloaded everything Thursday afternoon and evening. I think I must have beaten the rush.

• I have the dmg uploaded to my online.net dedi. If some one needs it, shoot me a pm.

• Stacy said: So slow to download. Taking over 5 hours. And I have 60 Down 10 Up at home. :( Apple needs to improve their network for mass amounts of ppl downloading.

I found it downloaded faster if I paused the download from the App Store and then resumed the download from the Launch Pad.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited October 2014

@Jar said:
    Working great on the old dual core white MacBook. It's amazing how long they support these laptops for.

Does it really support the older white models? Time for me to upgrade my 2007 one from Lion then. I just did it to my Air and found the new spotlight sucks.

Edit: OS X Yosemite supports every MacBook except for the 2007 model. ;-;

• XNQXNQ Member

For everyone complaining about the maximise button being fullscreen.. hold ALT while pressing the green button, voìla.

Thanked by 1jar
  • XNQ said: For everyone complaining about the maximise button being fullscreen.. hold ALT while pressing the green button, voìla.