Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Subdomain for WHMCS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Subdomain for WHMCS?

BellaBella Member
edited June 2014 in General

I was just wondering why do a lot of companies install their WHMCS on sub domains?

As a customer which sub domain would you prefer every host use?

Examples:

billing.mycustomhosting.net

clientarea.ramnode.com

secure.greenvaluehost.com

my.iniz.com

core.weloveservers.net

Comments

• namhuynamhuy Member

since i have been w/ several providers.. I dont really care or remember, I either bookmark or use "info email" to login

• Personally, I find my.xyz.com and billing.xyz.com easiest to remember. Although, I never remember any of my hosts WHMCS panel URLs. I just bookmark them to a folder called WHMCS in Google Chrome.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Surely 'easiest' is down to your own preferences? Who can tell you what's going to be easiest for you to remember?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

My favourite is the summer host way:

Whmcs.xyz.com/whmcs/

• wychwych Member

@Bella said:
    I was just wondering why do a lot of companies install their WHMCS on sub domains?

They usually separate the website CMS system with the billing system, also some keep the support/billing platform off their own network.

• KittenKitten Member

I like my.____.___

I just feel it personalizes the experience more.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited June 2014

We have ours installed to root so there is no tacky subdomain: https://domain.tld/clientarea.php, https://domain.tld/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

I would post our site to show you, however we have an ongoing issue with WHMCS where they won't show our domain as authorised to use WHMCS despite having an own license.

So although I'm not using a nulled copy or anything like that people will instantly cry that I am breaking this rule:

Using a nulled WHMCS grants you a lifetime ban on LowEndBox and LowEndTalk.

And then I'll probably get banned.

• Let me give you an answer from the security perspective, if you installed each of your service on a different subdomain, then if there's vulnerabilities like XSS then it will only hit that particular subdomain and not the whole website

• I'm a billing. person. billing.whatever.com or whatever.com/billing/

• I personally don't care. Just make sure there is a link on your main pages. I hate looking through emails just to find billing and the VPS control panel (looking at you WeLoveServers).

• BradBrad Member

I personally like my.xyz.com

A subdomain usually points to a seperate server (usually not one in the provider's network) in which clients are still able to reach them in case of an downtime with the main site.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2014

< troll > but surely, my.myrsk.com will not be that proffesional, haha < / troll >