Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nginx php-gd
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nginx php-gd

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited May 2012 in General

I'm having a problem with Nginx and PHP-GD

I installed php-gd and restarted nginx and php-fastcgi but it's still not working
Anyone can help me?

Comments

• Have it enabled in your php.ini?

• Yes i have

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Any logs?

• AsadAsad Member

Do you have a public phpinfo page?

• Nevermind, fixed it

Restarted whole VPS seems like that worked

• AldryicAldryic Member

The Apple solution!

That's not so much a fix as getting lucky. I'd strongly recommend going through the logfiles to identify the problem in order to teach yourself how to fix a future occurrence. Otherwise, you've learned nothing from the ordeal.

• @Aldryic said: The Apple solution!

I thought its Microsoft resolution for everything 'Turn it on and off', due to the amount of restarts Windows has to make to install software.

Thanked by 2netomx djvdorp
  • nabonabo Member

@Daniel said: due to the amount of restarts Windows has to make to install software.

Since I've Win7 I never had to restart my Desktop. But with OS 10.6 I had to restart my Macbook several times because of OS updates.

• @nabo said: Since I've Win7 I never had to restart my Desktop. But with OS 10.6 I had to restart my Macbook several times because of OS updates.

You must be behind on the 100000s of security updates, OS X I've never had to restart. The only OS X updates that makes it have to restart is usually kernel updates.

• nabonabo Member

@Daniel said: The only OS X updates that makes it have to restart is usually kernel updates

It's not only kernel updates. Font Update, Safari engine once, Quicktime stuff, printing system. I know the time when it was the other way around quite well (Have Apple hardware since the 90ies). What I'm saying is, that it's not Windows anymore that needs so much restarts.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel said: I thought its Microsoft resolution for everything 'Turn it on and off', due to the amount of restarts Windows has to make to install software.

Heheh, true enough.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@nabo said: It's not only kernel updates. Font Update, Safari engine once, Quicktime stuff, printing system. I know the time when it was the other way around quite well (Have Apple hardware since the 90ies). What I'm saying is, that it's not Windows anymore that needs so much restarts.

There's a way to install all of them and reload them without rebooting.

Apple sometimes issues updates that require a restart for absolutely no reason. Eg Safari, Fonts etc. You can disable the restarts on all of them but the kernel changes.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@Daniel said: Eg Safari, Fonts etc.

Did they forget that a window manager can be restarted without bringing the entire system down?

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2012

@Aldryic said: Did they forget that a window manager can be restarted without bringing the entire system down?

Yep. They also forget that Safari is no where near the kernel, its standalone in /Applications, so it can even be removed completely without harming the system or needing a restart.

OS X also cache's the running kernel (something Microsoft is boasting about in Windows 8).

• Why not just restart php-fastcgi ._.

• @TheHackBox said: Why not just restart php-fastcgi ._.

U should read my post...