Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any AWS free credit promotions at the moment?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any AWS free credit promotions at the moment?

jhjh Member
edited June 2014 in General

... And if so, how can I get the most credit for a university research project (multi-cloud brokering)?

Also can anyone recommend a prepaid CC that AWS accepts?

Comments

• vampireJvampireJ Member
    edited June 2014

said: prepaid CC that AWS accepts

I think as long as it is mastercard or visa or any other accepted cc then you should be good to go. In our country there are prepaid cc by several banks but they all carry visa- though few are mastercards

• AWS do offer research grants, so it might be a good idea to contact them to see what they can do for you.

On the prepaid CC front I had a quick google and it seems that as long as it's a true prepaid card, and not a single-use virtual credit card, you should be absolutely fine.
    Just look for the one with the best rates for international USD based transactions.

I personally use CaxtonFX for risky online transactions - They have decent exchange rates and don't charge for the card. It does take a while for them to verify/post it though.