Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vpsdatabase is closing business because owner is now... 19 years old! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vpsdatabase is closing business because owner is now... 19 years old!

Comments

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

You're being foolish and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all. You're talking out of your ass.

The pricing that we offer is sustainable due to custom arrangements. I am obligated to keep those custom arrangements a private matter and will not discuss them.

We've always grown and paid for our expenses using our own company's income. The only money that was put into the company was at it's inception, and that was only just $400. From that point on, we've never had to rely on money anywhere else but from our company income.

The graph I showed you was meant to show proof of growth. The slump in March was due to the pulling of shared/reseller product lines and unsustainable VPS plans. Due to improved marketing in the following months, we've been able to get back at it without the assistance of shared/reseller product lines and unsustainable (i.e: 100TB) VPS plans. Of course I am not going to include exact/specific numbers there as that is classified company information.

Sit back down. Maybe you'll come up with something better another day.

• GreenValueHost said: You're talking out of your ass.

So you buy in bulk, get very cheap colocation, and oversell?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    You're being foolish and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all. You're talking out of your ass.

The pricing that we offer is sustainable due to custom arrangements. I am obligated to keep those custom arrangements a private matter and will not discuss them.

You should stop bullshitting so much, because you're particularly bad at it

• @GreenValueHost said:

Every-time you say something like this it makes me cringe.

• another thread taken by gvh drama

• SunnSunn Member

@eddynetweb - That's when Hosts release their true colors and new revelations are made.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2014

GreenValueHost said: You're being foolish and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all. You're talking out of your ass.

Your rapport with customers/the public is really something..

EDIT: As for Vpsdatabase, I'd generally stay away from companies hosting their main website with HostGator.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost It's the million time that you do the same mistake, here! Please, take my honest advice and, If you find it useful, use it: Act like a professional here. Don't battle with other providers and, especially, readers. Don't try to scream about how nice, good and solid provider are you, especially in ways like "I have million clients, I grow extremely day by day".

Keep it quiet, try to help first your clients and secondly members here, If they ask questions and you know the answer. Be polite and gentle, because you have history - and a bad one... The fact that you are an underage that told a lot of lies here about your company cannot be hidden and you have to try very very hard to convince most of us that maybe you are sixteen but you are very talented, not only to setup servers and maintenance them, but in skills on how to deal with customers and people in general.

I have services with you and in the last couple of months, the service is fair. Try to build your reputation on that and stop screaming here with phrases like "folish" and "ass".

Just my 2 cents...

• namhuynamhuy Member

GreenValueHost said: You're being foolish and you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all. You're talking out of your ass.

how old are you kid?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@namhuy He is 16

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @namhuy said:
    GreenValueHost please read/learn/understand http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect

That might blow his brain up too much information to take in for a small teenager.

• @namhuy said:
    GreenValueHost please read/learn/understand http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect

He won't catch on. If he improved his service, particularity the support. Then he'd have a stance in the bash ground. However, since his nonviable deals with unstable nodes comes into play, he tries to join the bashing ground, ends up making a "pissy party".

• First offering "BulletProof" Hosting Packages exclusively to Hackforums Members and then closing because his Services get abused for Illegal content. I dont understand this...

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @IxamHosting said:
    First offering "BulletProof" Hosting Packages exclusively to Hackforums Members and then closing because his Services get abused for Illegal content. I dont understand this...

Who in their minds would offer plans directly to HackFourms??? HackFourms = screaming pissy kids and teenagers, with very little actual haxx0r's (I love spelling it like that ;p), abusing services. DDoS'ing, and other illicit activity. You give a server to a member of there, half the time they'll abuse it somehow (mining, denial of service attacks, auto-PHP injectors, etc etc) (Now watch me get attacked in the next few days :o).

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

@Jack said:

Jack, Get this straight through your HEAD. Remember it, Visualize it, and embrace it. I NO longer use 1 HDD array as i did not have much knowledge about this at the beginning. I either use 4x500 GB Arrays or 4x1 TB Arrays with Raid 10 W/BBu. It's annoying that you tend to bring it up on every damn thread. You want a test VPS, be my guest if it will make you "shutup".

• MakenaiMakenai Member
    edited June 2014

Made me giggle a bit

There was probably more illegal content being hosted than what I expected. Can't do much when all of them are trying to their content by blocking it with a .htaccess

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?s=268c761230e9250b3f1aab8fc761ee66&p=9129971&postcount=13

I thought the owner of the node can access the containers.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

@Jack - Raid-10 is fine and keeps I/O at a good rate.

4 Drives is just what i need since most of my servers are Intel E3 Series(32 GB Ram) and some E5's.

• @Jack said:
    Only 4 drives pffff...

@Sunn said:

The problem with using only 4 drives... isn't actually much of a problem. Here's the simple and yet sad truth: the RAID card is just as likely to fail as two drives are, [ both of which I can now say have happened to me, and I'm sad about it. ]

• I had an LSI MegaRAID 9271 8i w/ CacheVault die on me [ the card buggered itself up and started destroying attached drives. ]
    • I had some Western Digital RE4s that kept clocking out, basically don't use WD ever.
  • @Sunn said:
    Jack - Raid-10 is fine and keeps I/O at a good rate.

4 Drives is just what i need since most of my servers are Intel E3 Series(32 GB Ram) and some E5's.

You STILL don't even know how OpenVZ works.

http://www.kvmvps.us/openvz.html

How does OpenVZ offer DEDICATED resources!? It's a shared environment.

• SunnSunn Member
    edited June 2014

We limit our clients on OpenVZ and do not oversell. As you can see, we don't really market our OpenVZ offers and therefore no clients are really on that server. We will discontinue OpenVZ Machines soon (2-3 Weeks). So in one way, it can be considered dedicated, since we are not overselling it. And your responses are extremely childish and could be put in a better fashion.

• kmewankmewan Member

Sunn said: Jack, Get this straight through your HEAD. Remember it, Visualize it, and embrace it. I NO longer use 1 HDD array as i did not have much knowledge about this at the beginning. I either use 4x500 GB Arrays or 4x1 TB Arrays with Raid 10 W/BBu. It's annoying that you tend to bring it up on every damn thread. You want a test VPS, be my guest if it will make you "shutup".

Ohhh...
    Best Web Site Traffic Sours

• @Jack said:
    Only 4 drives pffff...

Jackling, wasn't that the config you used at DotVPS?

GreenValueHost said: How does OpenVZ offer DEDICATED resources!? It's a shared environment.

It's dedicated if you don't oversell it (like crazy).

Thanked by 1Sunn
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited June 2014

4x SSD in RAID10 is still miles faster than even 12x HDD, sadly. You [ clients ] just need to live with having a little less space to work with, if you want to keep your shiny $7 budget for a metric shitlaod of RAM. [ That is, unless it's OpenVZ. ]

I would agree though, you should generally stuff as many HDD in your RAID array as your chassis can handle. The problem comes into play when you're using 1U E3 SuperMicro chassis and can only fit 4-6 drivers. Generally you'd get charged a lot more for a 2U E3 box, even though that would give you the drives you need for a good consistent I/O performance.

Or just go SSDs and live with less space.

@Jack

You forget, it's only about the ddtest epeen scores around here at LE*.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited June 2014

@Jack said:
    You can get 6-8 bay 1U's but they only support 2.5" drives.

Unless you have a strong relationship or place with your datacenter, they're [ generally ] not going to go out and buy hardware for you. [ This ofcourse is a moot argument if you're co-locating or otherwise in a situation where you're practically buying the hardware yourself already, such as buydowns, lease to own, etcetera. ]

Most sommers are left with whatever the DC wants to sell them, whatever they can resell quickly; which generally means you're stuck with 2bay 1/2U E3s, 4bay E5s, etcetera; and only the most generic of processor selection.

That and a lot of these silly companies love to throw money at Western Digital for their shitty 3.5'' drives that fail in a week in batches. If my MTBF isn't at least six months, I'm completely uninterested no matter how low the cost.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2014

Not everything in OpenVZ can be dedicated. You can't dedicate CPU in OpenVZ "virtualization". You also cannot dedicate the uplink port. So for one to call ANY OpenVZ plan "dedicated" is not entirely accurate.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@GreenValueHost said:
    Not everything in OpenVZ can be dedicated. You can't dedicate CPU in OpenVZ "virtualization". You also cannot dedicate the uplink port. So for one to call ANY OpenVZ plan "dedicated" is not entirely accurate.

You sir are not the one to bash people about knowledge

• @GreenValueHost said:

That's not entirely true, with CGROUPS [ and therefore, works with OpenVZ ] one can do the following:

Create rules in the specified branch to "pin" or dedicate a core or whole CPU to a group, user, or selection of tasks [ PIDs ] and/or their parent or children tasks.

/cgroup/cpu/MySpecialGroup/*
    /cgroup/cpuset/MySpecialGroup/*

Create rules in the specified branch to restrict or dedicate a whole network resource, or partial use of a network resource to a ... [ etc etc ]

/cgroup/net/MySpecialGroup/*

It's all "possible", just requires a bit of kernel mucking.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

lol, In 1st page LET Members are talking about VPSdatabase and in 2nd page they are talking about Kernel, OpenVZ dedicated resource. LOL...LOL

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

DewlanceVPS said: they are talking about Kernel, OpenVZ dedicated resource.

Well, at least not about boobs, jizz and dog poo. It is still better than average.
    To add to this, no vps plan can say has 100% dedicated resources, at least the network is shared somehow, even if the port is partitioned with cgroups.