Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Libellous comments in regards to HTTPZoom - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Libellous comments in regards to HTTPZoom

2»

Comments

• @perennate said:
    Seems like lots of people got accused. Big deal, it's LET, what do you expect. Why do we need another thread about it?

Who wouldn't defend their company when people are accusing it of something? I guarantee if you had a company and people started accusing you of something, you'd defend yourself.

• @asterisk14 said:
    Were they using their own custom panel or were they using someone elses panel?

HostGuard

• My theory regarding this DDOS is that these attacks are not coming from lowend providers and they are coming from big UK vps provider companies who don't want UK hosting providers to enter Lowend market.Because i once saw a thread on WHT where these big hosting companies were crying that these lowend providers are destroying their revenue. So i assume that some UK highend vps providers have made a strategy that whoever enters this lowend market eliminate him by doing massive DDOS attack and it will also teach a lesson to other providers not to enter UK market otherwise they will also suffer the same fate and so far they are successful in doing so.They know that if someone want DDOS protected UK vps they will go for providers with high price tag.So putting all the evidence together after doing some research there is a possibility that these attacks are coming from Big UK vps providers the old one which don't want new lowend companies to enter into UK vps market.But of course i can be wrong but we should not only blame lowend providers here we should also consider a possibility of highend vps providers behind these DDOS attack.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

soulchief said: Who wouldn't defend their company when people are accusing it of something? I guarantee if you had a company and people started accusing you of something, you'd defend yourself.

It's actually fairly common for companies to simply ignore accusations when there's absolutely no evidence, as often commenting makes things worse. As we've seen here, this matter was dead after the thread close, this has just reignited things, so HTTPZoom would have been better keeping quiet.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited May 2014

Nekki said: It's actually fairly common for companies to simply ignore accusations when there's absolutely no evidence, as often commenting makes things worse. As we've seen here, this matter was dead after the thread close, this has just reignited things, so HTTPZoom would have been better keeping quiet.

And there are instances when being quiet might be dubbed as a sense of complicity in the accusations. I'd wondered why httpzoom kept quiet after these rather remarkable accusations, and whether they were silent because they were afraid that someone had actual proof regarding this.

There's nothing wrong with contesting tall claims which clearly hurt one's business. As they've mentioned, LET has top rankings on Google, and clearly an uncontested accusation regarding DDOS/hacking by the company hurts their reputation.

Of course if you're a person who talks like CVPS_Chris, it's much better if you shut your trap.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Nekki said:
    This is LET. We don't like witches.

really made my day, thx!

• @joelgm Geekping 0.5.1 download page is not working, any idea?

• MorningIris said: @joelgm Geekping 0.5.1 download page is not working, any idea?

Somehow the site seems to have been deleted. :O I'll restore a backup later.

• @MorningIris said:
    joelgm Geekping 0.5.1 download page is not working, any idea?

is geekping related to httpzoom?

No. Ask him via PM, not in just the first thread you see them posting in.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Well, you don't see witches around anymore, do you?

Come to Portland, Oregon...you can't walk down the street without running into pretentious Wiccans.

We even have Wiccan strip clubs.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    We even have Wiccan strip clubs.

I'll be honest, that's pretty hot.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: I'll be honest, that's pretty hot.

The burning jokes just write themselves!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    The burning jokes just write themselves!

"She can sit atop my pyre anytime", etc

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • WilliamWilliam Member

asterisk14 said: Free speech does not exist. It's just BS that your regime tells you exists or something they support, like when they say they support democracy, human rights and the rule of law, but they are just BSing you.

Yea.... no, US free speech goes pretty damn far, freedom of press even much further.