Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kimsufi asking for vat in usa?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kimsufi asking for vat in usa?

wojonswojons Member

I tried to order a server from them and in the invoice it is giving me price with vat even though my ip address and my address are USA based?

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Open a ticket? We are not their help desk.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NoxxyNoxxy Member
    edited May 2014

Send them your documentation. It'll take a week for them to remove VAT.

• wojonswojons Member

@shovenose said:
    Open a ticket? We are not their help desk.

they dont have a help desk that i can find its just a message board

@Noxxy said:
    Send them your documentation. It'll take a week for them to remove VAT.

is there a link of how i send that to them.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

They are asking VAT from anyone, you must prove you do not have to pay it in order to be exempted, but it takes a long time and there is no notification when was done.

• wojonswojons Member

I guess i will find out how to submit information and then i will go back to online.net until i am willing to try again.

• @wojons said:
    I guess i will find out how to submit information and then i will go back to online.net until i am willing to try again.

OVH is much better than online.net in terms of network and overall quality. The only downside is forum only support which is also acceptable for that prices.

• @alexvolk said:
    OVH is much better than online.net in terms of network and overall quality. The only downside is forum only support which is also acceptable for that prices.

The forum only support applies to KS only, not OVH & SYS

• DalCompDalComp Member

They will contact you by e-mail asking some documents and proceed with account validation.

I posted on that thread on March 26th, got e-mail from Jenny on 29th, another e-mail confirming receipt of documents on 31st, then final confirmation that my account is validated 3rd of April.

• wojonswojons Member

@alexvolk said:

I been told there network is more stable but i also notice that i can get much higer speeds on online.net when ur lucky.

@K2Bytes said:

are there any decent deals with there other brands.

@DalComp said:

They will contact you by e-mail asking some documents and proceed with account validation.

I posted on that thread on March 26th, got e-mail from Jenny on 29th, another e-mail confirming receipt of documents on 31st, then final confirmation that my account is validated 3rd of April.

seems like a lot of work. but i guess thats what i have to do.

• @K2Bytes said:

Care to read topic title ? It's about kimsufi range.

@DalComp said:

Wrong. All validations and vat removal only through [email protected] ! Check kimsufi support forum!

• @wojons said:
    are there any decent deals with there other brands

Yes but not in the KS price range:

http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers.xml

• DalCompDalComp Member

@alexvolk said:
    Wrong. All validations and vat removal only through [email protected] ! Check kimsufi support forum!

Whoops. Looks like a new procedure is in process since early this month. But I think most steps would be similar through e-mailing.
    http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?24952-Please-note-New-process-for-Validations

I'm just saying that in my experience (older procedure), things are properly communicated and not too long (a week, more or less).

• wojonswojons Member

So orginally i got the nice spceial offer a few days ago from online.net but my server does not want to install os. So i sent them ticket but of course that will take 2 days. And need to have something up and running sooner then that so was going to get the 8 core version little xc for now and then in a week or 2 i would be fine since my server would be backup by then but i wanted to check other offers and saw the i5 from ovh so thats why started on this

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited May 2014

@alexvolk said:
    Care to read topic title ? It's about kimsufi range.

You said "OVH" & not KS so that can lead to confusions

@alexvolk said:
    **OVH **is much better than online.net in terms of network and overall quality. The only downside is forum only support which is also acceptable for that prices.

• @K2Bytes said:
    You said "OVH" & not KS so that can lead to confusions

Check Kimsufi and OVH site, it has on both information what type of support you'll get. I can't see where your confusions starts.

• @alexvolk said:
    Check Kimsufi and OVH site, it has on both information what type of support you'll get. I can't see where your confusions starts.

Confusion was about your post, not OVH or KS website.Anyway leave it & let it go :)