Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Paid to Write Tutorials for Onra Host
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get Paid to Write Tutorials for Onra Host

OnraHostOnraHost Member
edited May 2014 in Offers

Hello LET members :)

Are you looking to get paid for writing How To guides and Tutorials?

Onra Host is looking to create a extensive, in-depth, and professional community filled knowledge base. To do this we are looking for independent content writers like yourself to write these articles.

**So what exactly are we looking for? **

The content we are looking for would range from installing Debian, to setting up VSFTPD on CentOS 6, creating SSH keys, configuring exim, etc. etc.

The articles will need to be written in terms so even a first time server admin can follow it without any problems. This means all information needs to be detailed, with a breakdown of each step. A specific length is not required. However, around 2600 words would be average. All tutorials also need to be a exclusive 1-of-1 to our website. The subject is up to you, however we can provide recommendations.

Examples can be given upon request for more information

Whats in it for you?

$20 per article
or
$35 per article (credited to your Onra Host account)

possible backlink

To request more information or send sample articles, please contact us any of the following ways:

PM Here
support @ Onrahost . Com

If you have any questions, please let us know!

Mod edit: this is just a masked offer, so moved it to offers.

Comments

• petrispetris Member

$20 per article or $35 per article (credited to your Onra Host account)

Good luck with that.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

2600 words is a very long article

• petrispetris Member

That is a much better deal.

• StevieStevie Member

@OnraHost
    Wow you offer 4(gb?) cpu, with 2x500 gb RAM!!, (sw?) storage and 12 TB bandwidth for only $105.95 on your overstock page! what a deal!

Hehe should get that fixed?

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

said: credited to your Onra Host account

Goodluck.

• aoleeaolee Member

@petris said:
    Good luck with that.

• I get the feeling that is "$20 per article, or $35 per article (credited to your account)"

Which really isn't that bad tbh.

• Digitalocean.com pays 50$ per tutorial.

• pauliakas said: Digitalocean.com pays 50$ per tutorial.

Wow, great offer.

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited May 2014

TO CLARIFY It is $20 (CASH) sent to you through PayPal OR $35 credited to your Onra account.

@jcaleb said:
    2600 words is a very long article

I said average, not required. Honestly a 2600 word tutorial is very short. All your doing is copy and pasting, then explaining the step. Not like you actually have to write anything major for the most part.

Really don't care or need that in my thread. To each his own, but we are actually paying you cash..not some Atom server. With the money you make here after 5 - 10 tutorials, you could get you something WAY WAY BETTER.

@MrObvious said:
    I get the feeling that is "$20 per article, or $35 per article (credited to your account)"

Which really isn't that bad tbh.

Thank you :)

@pauliakas said:
    Digitalocean.com pays 50$ per tutorial.

But we are NOT DigitalOcean, so that means absolute nothing to us. Have fun at DO, were your potential topic is already written ;)

...Nor do we have a multi-million dollar venture capitol buildup of money to pay people from :)

@Zen said:
    $20 for 2600 words?

The 2600 word was a average length. Some users actually write a lot more...some less.

• @Stevie said:
    OnraHost
    Wow you offer 4(gb?) cpu, with 2x500 gb RAM!!, (sw?) storage and 12 TB bandwidth for only $105.95 on your overstock page! what a deal!

Hehe should get that fixed?

I see that as well, and it actually shouldn't be there. It got replaced by the "Clearance" section. I will get that right over to our developers...in the mean time, check out the "clearance" section :).

• BradBrad Member

@OnraHost said:
    TO CLARIFY It is $20 (CASH) sent to you through PayPal OR $35 credited to your Onra account.

If you put it that way, it's not so bad.

• If we write a tutorial, can we post it to a personal blog as well, or must it be hosted solely at Onra's site?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

maybe you mean 2600 characters not words

• OflameoOflameo Member

No, thank you. I would have a decent chance of making making the money back from the tutorials written by posting them on a blog and waiting for a better job offer to come in from having a blog with tutorials on it.

I will consider licensing them under creative commons share alike, but prevent the proliferation of generic tutorials is just a waste of resources.

The only exception would be of there was a clause that caused the tutorials to be proliferate-able if OnraHost were to go belly-up for some reason.

The easiest way to get around the whole issue is to release your tutorials on your blog first and then use them to ghost write tutorials for Onra Host. In that case, I would do just that, once I decide on the web framework I use to make my blog.

• colacola Member

So this thread was a scam.. Good Job, @OnraHost

• @cola said:
    So this thread was a scam.. Good Job, OnraHost

Hi,

May I ask what you are talking about sir?

• colacola Member

@OnraHost , about me beeing interested. Mailling you, getting a response with some details about the payment and the wordpress theme that is lame, and after that i didn't get any response. I've asked about it, and still no response. So what i could supose, that it was a scam just for publishing an offer here, no?

• @cola said:

Can you PM a ticket #?

• colacola Member

@OnraHost yes i can, ticket no. #191741

• @cola you should be seeing a reply soon :) I gave your ticket off to Mike, who will be in the office later today