Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: tutorials - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: tutorials

2»

Comments

• What will the payment on the server be after the 3-6 months free? If this is a server we get for a few months and then it goes up to $50+ a month, that would be really lame. If it goes up to $10-20, that would be acceptable.

• BradBrad Member

@AliveThrouDeath said:
    What will the payment on the server be after the 3-6 months free? If this is a server we get for a few months and then it goes up to $50+ a month, that would be really lame. If it goes up to $10-20, that would be acceptable.

You, sir, must be out of your mind.

• edited May 2014

@Brad said:
    You, sir, must be out of your mind.

Hardly. Someone mentioned a host selling C2750 servers for €19,99 a month, so one of these servers, at a discounted rate, could easily go for $10-20 in six months' time.

EDIT: Here's the thread: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/28007/online-net-now-offers-an-atom-c2750-avoton-for-eur-19-99-month/p1

• Brad said: I don't see that happening with CC.

Well, Chicago VPS does/did have them for $39. I guess it depends on the demand.

• BradBrad Member

@AThomasHowe said:

But he wants it for $20 thooough.

• Brad said: But he wants it for $20 thooough.

Yeah I know, a little unrealistic especially in 6 months, maybe in some DCs by 12 months though.

I guess you're right about CC though.

• @AThomasHowe and @Brad, I was saying there should be some sort of discounted price - and, as this is LET/LEB, $10-20 doesn't seem unreasonable. Keep in mind that if someone thinks that writing ten tutorials is worth one of these things for six months, they probably don't have enough cash laying around to pick up a bill of $40/month afterwards - and if you only get it for three or six months, why have a dedicated server at all?

• AliveThrouDeath said: and if you only get it for three or six months, why have a dedicated server at all?

maybe use the server to make some money 8-)

• 5 tutorials on untouched topics, updated with images and detailed explannations is just A LOT of work. Really

I'd do 2 good ones for some cheap openvz annual offer

• said: Writing a tutorial costs anywhere between 2 and 4 hours on average, sometimes 6 hours (including research).

so 20-60 hours of my time for a lame atom?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

I don't think @mpokssen told you to spend 40-60 hours on this. For a start it was an open offer to anyone and a detailed tutorial could take 10 mins to write as long as you cover all bases and it's useful. Realistically you could write the minimum of 5 tutorials comfortably in 2-3 hours with good ideas and determination. Maybe a day with thinking breaks/cool downs in-between.

Really I think they are looking for somewhat complex tutorials but I don't think mpk specified that you have to spend a month writing it. Something like setting up disk encryption on KVM wouldn't be complex but would be useful.

• vedranvedran Veteran

duckeeyuck said: so 20-60 hours of my time for a lame atom?

Would you prefer to do it for free?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I believe @mpkossen will be updating this shortly with payment options for those interested in contributing.

• Just added this: We are also offering payment as an option for tutorials. We are willing to pay $15 per proper tutorial. If you're interested, please contact me.

• mpkossen said: Just added this: We are also offering payment as an option for tutorials. We are willing to pay $15 per proper tutorial. If you're interested, please contact me.

Nice, looks much more appealing.

Thanked by 1netomx