Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone speaks Japanese ? || http://dream.jp/vps/
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone speaks Japanese ? || http://dream.jp/vps/

gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
edited May 2012 in General

I found this website http://dream.jp/vps/ - it looks like that they are offering VPS in Japan (2 datacenters) with IPv4/Ipv6 support for less then 5 EUR. Their website is in Japanese and Google Translate doesn't translate SSL secured pages. Is there any user which will be able to translate it?

Comments

• antivenantiven Member

Until someone who knows Japanese replies, Google can translate the homepage, and Yahoo's Babelfish translates the rest.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

How much is the BW, I cant seem to find that.

• Use Google Chrome, will translate any page in the browser.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Daniel - thanks it works :)
    I can't find any information about bandwidth

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited May 2012

Google Translate is working fine here with SSL :D And according to my Google Chrome translation, they only accept order from Japanese :D

It looks like they have nice connectivity with rest of the world http://bgp.he.net/AS4691

• nabonabo Member

@giang said: they only accept order from Japanese

I guess they're tired of support tickets raised by non-japanese folks that you can't understand because they used Google translate et al ;-)

• flyfly Member

linode.com

@giang "they only accept order from Japanese" - that's sad :(

edited May 2012

@kbar - to expensive, I need small and cheap 256MB RAM/5GB HDD VM with IPv4/IPv6

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited May 2012

Try http://techievps.com/
    The only major problem is it doesn't actually provide IPv6 still, despite having it as "planned Q1 2012".
    HE.net tunnel works, but due to some dumb routing by HE.net the closest tunnel server is 120 msec away.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@gbshouse said: It looks like they have nice connectivity with rest of the world http://bgp.he.net/AS4691

SInglehomed NTT is not exactly "great" ;)

@William - for less than 5 EUR it is :)

@rm_ - thanks, I'll take a look

• @William - remember it's a datacenter in Japan and you pay a fortune there for a single feed of a few mbps. Most of those datacenters only have 1 or 2 carriers for "international" connectivity :)

• Their KVM is slow, and sometimes not responding.
    Support is worst (altough it's part of VPS.net/DamnVPS/ThrustVPS/Rus Foster company)

And be sure to cancel the Paypal Subscription if someone did not want to be auto subscribed.

I forgot to cancel the subscription, and when the due date is come (vps is already cancelled), it still debited funds from my Paypal, then I sent them a Ticket, almost 2 weeks no reply from them so I open Paypal Dispute

• rds100rds100 Member

When will people learn that when they setup a paypal subscribtion it is their responsibility to cancel it, otherwise paypal will just keep sending money on their behalf?

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Support is worst (altough it's part of VPS.net/DamnVPS/ThrustVPS/Rus Foster company)

This

Also, if I really need a VPS in Asia, Linode isn't expensive at all, IMHO.

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Their KVM is slow, and sometimes not responding.

That's certainly interesting, considering they don't offer KVM at all.

• yomeroyomero Member

@rm_ said: That's certainly interesting, considering they don't offer KVM at all.

Probably he is talking about one of their sister companies?

• fanfan Veteran

@rm_ said: That's certainly interesting, considering they don't offer KVM at all.

Perhaps he meant their Xen HVM.

@yomero - we already have 3 nodes in Asia, but I'm looking for another one in Japan

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@rds100 said: When will people learn that when they setup a paypal subscribtion it is their responsibility to cancel it, otherwise paypal will just keep sending money on their behalf?

As far as I am aware both the sender and recipient can cancel the subscription. Just like it's a providers responsibility to stop charging a creditcard, I would assume the same for PayPal.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@joepie91 said: As far as I am aware both the sender and recipient can cancel the subscription.

This depends on the country of the account holder.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@William said: This depends on the country of the account holder.

That's interesting... do you have any place where I can read more about that?

edited May 2012

@joepie91 said: Just like it's a providers responsibility to stop charging a creditcard, I would assume the same for PayPal.

Paypal subscription is like your own /etc/crontab for payments. And your Paypal account is obviously not 'managed' by your VPS provider. So if you want this "cron job" to not execute anymore, you will have to go there and remove it yourself.

Thanked by 2Aldryic dmmcintyre3
  • BluBoyBluBoy Member

The $6 or $7 USD a month this costs could easily get you something better.
    At that price, you could also afford to be picky with location if response time is important to you!

edited May 2012

@BluBoy said: The $6 or $7 USD a month this costs could easily get you something better.

In Japan? Other than this dream.jp one (which didn't work out?) and TechieVPS, I know no other sanely-priced LEBs in JP or even generally in Asia, at least if you need bandwidth of any description and don't want to have your network be "2Mbps shared". Dream.jp seems to be unmetered bandwidth at 100 Mbit, btw.

• KuroKuro Member
    edited May 2012

@rm_ said: In Japan? Other than this dream.jp one (which didn't work out?) and TechieVPS, I know no other sanely-priced LEBs in JP or even generally in Asia, at least if you need bandwidth of any description and don't want to have your network be "2Mbps shared". Dream.jp seems to be unmetered bandwidth at 100 Mbit, btw.

While a bit outside of the LEB price range, there's sakura.ad.jp, which isn't that bad considering what you're getting: KVM, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, and unmetered 100Mbps (with host node on 1Gbps) for 980 yen/mo (~$12.26)

http://bgp.he.net/AS9370

@Kuro said: there's sakura.ad.jp

Q: Can I contract I have lived overseas?

A: No, this is not possible.
    Service delivery is the only person who lives in Japan. (Article 6 of the Terms and Conditions)
    It should be noted, also available is of foreign nationality who, if you live in Japan.