Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recommended US providers for OpenVPN? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any recommended US providers for OpenVPN?

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2012

@miTgiB said: 2 strikes? My are you generous, I am at 1 strike if within your first 30 days of service.

It depends on the severity of the violation and other factors. Normally it's a warning then termination but I've been known to give no warnings in some cases. Most spam related cases get a warning and 2-3 days to resolve the problem. The majority of spam violations are people using an insecure root password and keeping port 22 default, in one instance I terminated a person just because they failed to change the default SSH port when I provided a tutorial for them and they got hacked again (Spamhaus let me know about it the hard way).

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@KuJoe said: The majority of spam violations are people using an insecure root password and keeping port 22 default, in one instance I terminated a person just because they failed to change the default SSH port when I provided a tutorial for them and they got hacked again

ok, so if they must change their port to keep in your good graces, why not make your templates all default to some other port, RocketVPS does this, it was the first time I came across something like this, but I must say, they make you well aware of this in many places.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: why not make your templates all default to some other port

They are not required to change their ports. After being hacked I do request that they take the most basic steps to prevent it from happening again (changing SSH port is the easiest method and will prevent 99% of bots). If they fail to and get hacked again they are gone.

• tmn29atmn29a Member
    edited May 2012

So, to get btt, does anybody know a good one in the US? It would be perfect if it was a monthly plan with decent BW !