Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6/WHMCS/Dan Fry
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6/WHMCS/Dan Fry

edited May 2012 in General

In WHMCS database

(5217, 118651, 'Dan', 'Fry', '', '[email protected]', '4334 Berryman Ave', 'Apt 6', 'Los Angeles', 'California', '90066', 'US', '1-866-567-1190', 0, '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', 0),

(147070, 195163, 'Leased-ade3a03c5b87e3c4bfef', 'vps6.net,www.vps6.net', '64.250.113.77', '/home/vps6/public_html/my', 1, 'Active', '2012-05-12 23:39:23'),

(4212412, '2012-01-20 00:59:57', 'Client Profile Modified - First Name: ''Dan'' to ''Jeremy'', Last Name: ''Fry'' to ''Hartnett'', Address 1: ''109 E. 17th St'' to ''53 W. Jackson Blvd'', Address 2: ''STE 4107'' to ''Suite 1448'', City: ''Cheyenne'' to ''Chicago'', State: ''Wyoming'' to ''Illinois'', Postcode: ''82001'' to ''60604'', Phone Number: ''307-996-1808'' to ''1-866-567-1190'' - User ID: 118651', 'Client', 118651, '184.82.118.70'),

Who say VPS6 not Dan Fry now?

Comments

• AldryicAldryic Member

Hey, I guess something (good|amusing) came out of this after all.

@vps6net , any comments?

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

Who is Dan Fry? And should we really be publishing that personal information here?

• A thief

• AsadAsad Member

ok, this should be another interesting thread..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Possibility: Dan Fry sold to Jeremy Hartnett
    Unquestionably not possible: That Jeremy Hartnett has no idea who Dan Fry is

No matter what the truth is, Jeremy has lied about one thing...that he has no idea who Dan Fry is.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited May 2012

LOL, we should thank to the person who hacked WHMCS database?

• Jeremy Hartnett = Dan Fry

• AldryicAldryic Member

@AsadHaider said: Who is Dan Fry?

The tl;dr is, scam artist whom is known for repeatedly opening companies under fake names, then jetting with the cash or selling it out and letting the clients get shafted.

As far as his personal information, casual searches will find a TON of private info on the guy. He's rather well known (and despised) here for giving actual providers in the budget market a bad name.

• subigosubigo Member

LMFAO.

• AsadAsad Member

@Aldryic Got it, thanks. Explains a few of the posts around here.

• yomeroyomero Member

Great!!!!
    Something about other scammers? :D

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Someone search for 'Constantinos'? :')

• jcalebjcaleb Member

how can we get copy of db and check the data above?

@jcaleb I've got it too, I'll check later if no one beats me to it. Not feeling incredibly well right now so I'm on the tablet while I lay down. This whmcs thing was a nice blow after a bad weekend. Ryan is working on HostBill right now for us.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@jcaleb - considering the sensitivity of what's involved, I would strongly advise not attempting to snag a copy. Only a matter of time before IP logs of everyone downloading the leaks will be sequestered :3

• It's legit.

edited May 2012

@Aldryic They're free to contact me with legal threats, but we definitely wanted to be aware of what about us was made public, including a password that thankfully has been taken out of rotation for personal use, just never changed it there :)

• u4iau4ia Member

@jarland said: wanted to be aware

I would think anyone who has dealt with WHMCS would want to know exactly what has been published about them.

• AldryicAldryic Member

@jarland said: They're free to contact me with legal threats

Nah, I'm not implying that they'll be threatening anyone. And I doubt it will be them that ends up with said logs if a high-level investigation is opened. I just wouldn't want to even be remotely involved (not to mention that their private DB is none of my business to begin with), hence my advice to just wait and watch :3

• beardbeard Member

I cannot make a full disclosure but an associate of mine deals with Jeremy on a business level through some services offered and he confirms some of the inconsistencies that have been observed.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

I can confirm "Dan Fry" is listed as a sub account under VPS6's WHMCS profile, as a trusted source/friend of mine has shown me several screenshots.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Aldryic said: Only a matter of time before IP logs of everyone downloading the leaks will be sequestered

Juries are sequestered, logs are subpoenaed

• AldryicAldryic Member

You forgot the period at the end.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Aldryic said: You forgot the period

I avoid periods at all costs

• AldryicAldryic Member

@miTgiB said: I avoid periods at all costs

I can't argue much with that :3

@miTgiB If it bleeds for a week and doesn't die....

Wait what were we talking about?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said: I avoid periods at all costs

Only took 2 times to finally realize that :D

<3

Francisco

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

we just need "Jeremy" to show up and post his AUP&TOS and reiterate how great his company is.

edited May 2012

In his defense it really is quite great...right now. I've given the benefit of the doubt much further than is reasonable, the smoking gun came before this, this is like the nail in the coffin. Honesty goes a long way. I'd be a Dan Fry customer if he apologized for the results of past ventures. I'm not into drama, but I don't like lies. I've canceled services and learned a valuable lesson.