Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XenPower (Prometeus) has some nice new offers... - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

XenPower (Prometeus) has some nice new offers...

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, please, nobody (from our side) said these are storage VPSes.
    While being a budget brand (as all the xenpower product lines) this is not restricted in any way, other than the general ToS/AUP: http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1390&sid=7e7bb7fcbc77463c97b74a76e82eef5c
    They do have fewer cores, the disks are SATA (though enterprise) and in RAID 6 as opposed to raid10 the other lines, there is more ram per server (192 GB as compared with 128). This is not an ideal cryptocurrency mining vps, nor the regular heavy-duty database server, it is another choice in the XenPower family which offers a lot of resources for little money, this time with an emphasize on storage space. Ram is not bad either for 10 Eur you get 4G so you can run even a busy database if you cache it well or run entirely in RAM.
    We offer these to increase choice, I personally felt that the Xen offers are not always as variated and plentifull as needed, so far, the heavy sales proved there is a need for this, we will probably have to add another server we had in reserve, just to have some stock when the LEB listing happens.
    However, please remember the characteristics of the product, the fact it is a budget brand, the fact it has no back-ups but also that it comes with the regular Prometeus stuff, 10 GB free ftp'n'web backup space and anycast DNS. We are not doing custom plans (unless you need something bigger than the highest offer such as joining 2 of the biggest instances), we are not underprovisioning, we do not offer more than the usual support (this is self-managed, you are supposed to know how Xen-PV and linux works) but we will give you hints, for example on how to improve your network settings, even though most things are in the FAQ:
    http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3&sid=f7928d835fd9850bccc4a9a796bedcc7

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Is there any offers on the SSD plans?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

linuxthefish said: Is there any offers on the SSD plans?

seems out of stock even on regular stock. the last offer on xenpower ssd is this: http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q1-the-results/

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
    edited May 2014

@jcaleb said:
    the last offer on xenpower ssd is this: http://lowendbox.com/blog/top-provider-poll-2014-q1-the-results/

As you can see, the coupon is even recycled from last quarter because we were low on almost everything, that had a bit of stock, so uncle scrapped something more along the line of not being accused he does not offer anything :(

Giving promos on iwstack on LEB when entry point is 30 Eur is a bit controversial and there would be a lot of hyenas pointing it out.

• RurikoRuriko Member

@Maounique said:

we will probably have to add another server we had in reserve, just to have some stock when the LEB listing happens.

So there's going to be a LEB offer soon?

I think so, but there wont be a different price, also, the stock will probably be low since almost half sold in 2 days without a LEB offer. So, nothing to wait for, at least our customers had a headstart and LET users too :)

• GunterGunter Member

Maounique said: I think so, but there wont be a different price, also, the stock will probably be low since almost half sold in 2 days without a LEB offer. So, nothing to wait for, at least our customers had a headstart and LET users too :)

This seems like a conspiracy to engage in Artificial scarcity.

(jks)

Well, no, it means we were just doing the last preparations before going live (some of you know about the bug with media not available for reinstall, the wrong plans in whmcs solus module), it was not ready when this thread came up. But now it is, we will keep some reserves as usual since this is for 3 months and it will be a long time until new stock is available for upgrades and good customers in good standing.
    Artificial scarcity would be useful if we wanted higher prices, but Uncle was adamant, he insisted that these plans are priced lower than even the discounted XP SATA line from before. I told him this will attract the wrong kind of people and scare away the right ones, those than think if it is cheap must be bad, he only agreed to remove the 1 month payments to reduce hit'n'run abuse.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    netomx Do they post the offer? I would love to buy an i3 touchscreen for this amount! :-P

Indeed, but it is out of stock for obvious reasons

http://www.walmart.com.mx/m_Detalle-del-articulo/00088822855054/Laptop Lenovo Flex 14 4 GB RAM 500 GB Core i3/D-Computadoras

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2014

@netomx I've seen a lot of that kind of "offers" in my country. Big malls start advertising in television, saying, e.g. Plasma TV 50'' in the incredible price of 100€. You go then to the store and the say to you, "unfortunately our stock is over. But we have a good offer for you blah blah" and then... Back to the normal price again...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jvnadr said:
    netomx I've seen a lot of that kind of "offers" in my country. Big malls start advertising in television, saying, e.g. Plasma TV 50'' in the incredible price of 100€. You go then to the store and the say to you, "unfortunately our stock is over. But we have a good offer for you blah blah" and then... Back to the normal price again...

Well, at least thei honour certain stock, I've bought very cheap laptops on walmart (only online)

• Mark_RMark_R Member

I know that I promised to not comment any further on this thread but I have to say,

I'm really impressed with the performance of the 2 xenpower vps I ordered (XP1G & XP2G.)

1. No downtimes so far
    2. very nice and accurate support
    3. blazing fast network speeds, I managed to torrent with 30-40mb/s.

Keep up the good work!

• AmitzAmitz Member

@Mark_R said:
    I know that I promised to not comment any further on this thread but I have to say,

I'm really impressed with the performance of the 2 xenpower vps I ordered (XP1G & XP2G.)

1. No downtimes so far
    2. very nice and accurate support
    3. blazing fast network speeds, I managed to torrent with 30-40mb/s.

Keep up the good work!

No downtimes so far? Brace yourself! You are with Uncle Sal now! Downtime... With Uncle Sal...? Unheard of! :)

• RurikoRuriko Member

How to convert the currency to USD?

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited May 2014

Ruriko said: How to convert the currency to USD?

Go here : https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php
    and then choose USD in "Choose Currency: " near top right and click go.

And then click the order again from xenpower website. For example: https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=1

Thanked by 1Maounique

Mark_R said: I managed to torrent with 30-40mb/s.

I guess those are all legal torrents.

• GunterGunter Member

Maounique said: I guess those are all legal torrents.

Are private torrents allowed?

edited May 2014

All legal torrents are allowed. I do not see the need to keep legal torrents private, but, to each his own :)
    Also, if there is no abuse or complaint, we do not look at any data, even then, only if needed or the customer denies it.
    If you ask if you can do btsync with own files, for backups and something, then, of course, that is allowed.

• HybridHybrid Member

I hate how they only accept paypal

You can use your card as guest if paypal accepts your country, we also have bank transfer if you pay all fees, as well as experimental other means. However, Italian police wants at least a paypal account to pursue the money trail in case of issues. We may be able to provide other means of payment, but only for old customers which already have a history with us, such as paypal or bank transfers.

• Screw you MaxMind!

I think I know who you are, your order is manually approved. You had 54% score, for some reason.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jhjh Member

One of my clients bought one of these earlier today. It was delivered straight away and performs very well. Recommended!

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited May 2014

Node Memory:
    9% 369.16 MB of 4 GB used / 3.64 GB free
    Virtual Server Memory:
    58% 109.1 GB of 187.96 GB used / 78.87 GB free
    Virtual Server Disk Usage:
    58% 21.14 TB of 36.13 TB used / 14.99 TB free

One of the servers. If it goes like this, the stock should be over tomorrow evening. We have a server in reserve though.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I have to say, these are some boss deals for storage in Europe. Would I get punched in the face for using these plans for streaming/transcoding via SubSonic, @Maounique?

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited May 2014

Maounique said: Node Memory:

9% 369.16 MB of 4 GB used / 3.64 GB free
    Virtual Server Memory:
    58% 109.1 GB of 187.96 GB used / 78.87 GB free
    Virtual Server Disk Usage:
    58% 21.14 TB of 36.13 TB used / 14.99 TB free

I think you got Node and Virtual Server the wrong way round

• 296.1 Unixbench o_O

@Nekki said:
    I have to say, these are some boss deals for storage in Europe. Would I get punched in the face for using these plans for streaming/transcoding via SubSonic, Maounique?

Not really, but you must know this is not a CPU machine. Keep the load under the number of cores, and it will be OK.

Razza said: I think you got Node and Virtual Server the wrong way round

Nope, this is Xen. Dom0 is just another VM.

Disk must be wrong...

serverian said: 296.1 Unixbench o_O

CPU is overrated :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Maounique said:
    Don't rape our cores, muthafucka!

Yeah, things might get a little bit core rapey in all honesty, might be better off sticking with my Kimsufi...