Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there still an interest for free web hosting? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there still an interest for free web hosting?

2»

Comments

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited May 2014

If I am allowed to post why Europeans should accept immigrant and a multi-cultured Europe is a better Europe, then yes. Else if I am only allowed to post anything that is racist/white-supremacist, no.

• larslars Member

@zhuanyi said:
    If I am allowed to post why Europeans should accept immigrant and a mulch-cultured Europe is a better Europe, then yes.

Else if I am only allowed to post anything that is racist, no.

Oh, the irony of your post!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@lars said:

He means that freedom of speech goes both ways. More often than not, different opinions on forums controlled by some people are not tolerated, even though the owners cry foul when they are silenced. I know a very friendly forum that does this.

Thanked by 2zhuanyi Infinity
  • larslars Member

@Maounique said:
    He means that freedom of speech goes both ways. More often than not, different opinions on forums controlled by some people are not tolerated, even though the owners cry foul when they are silenced. I know a very friendly forum that does this.

Yeah, I never actually said I wouldn't allow what he said. I'm just saying his post is ironic.

• lars said: I'm just saying his post is ironic.

but it wasn't?

• larslars Member
    edited May 2014

@texteditor said:
    but it wasn't?

Well he was talking about racism then made a racist comment.

I am tired of talking about this all the time...

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2014

To everyone: stick with topic. Offtopic provocations will be removed.

OT, I was looking up some hosts for my anonymous needs and after a couple of months of testing the free hosts, none went even remotely to usable. I do not need mail or other things, just plain php stuff, it didnt even matter if it was slow, but it was unusable for other reasons, like going away, mysql connect errors, wrong permissions from time t time (looks like they were restoring backups done on windows or something) and many other things.
    So, perhaps there were many hosts, but there was no usability.

• larslars Member

@Maounique said:
    OT, I was looking up some hosts for my anonymous needs and after a couple of months of testing the free hosts, none went even remotely to usable. I do not need mail or other things, just plain php stuff, it didnt even matter if it was slow, but it was unusable for other reasons, like going away, mysql connect errors, wrong permissions from time t time (looks like they were restoring backups done on windows or something) and many other things.
    So, perhaps there were many hosts, but there was no usability.

Yes, there are no "clean" or "reliable" free public hosts out there, apart from maybe heliohost.org or x10hosting, but both of them have a ton of downtime.

I think running a free host might be pointless, and no legit person would use it for legititmate reasons. I am thinking of giving up this idea.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

If you are who I think you are, which I'm fairly certain of what happened to the ol' domain I gave, wasn't your plan to start a free host a couple of years back?

lars said: and no legit person would use it for legititmate reasons

I was using it for legit purposes, just didnt want to be known, like publish some of my writings, which were not even controversial.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Maounique said: some of my writings

Maoist doctrine? :-)