Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Hacked - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Hacked

Comments

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

@pioneernetworks said: Oh it is leaked now. Check it out

https://twitter.com/#!/whmcs

And here we go...

And STILL no email from WHMCS to clients. Prepare to see a ton of hosts get fucked.

• @subigo said: And STILL no email from WHMCS to clients. Prepare to see a ton of hosts get fucked.

Enough said

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@subigo said: And here we go...

And STILL no email from WHMCS to clients. Prepare to see a ton of hosts get fucked.

Considering you now have the entire client database... if you have a few servers with sendmail or similar running on it, you may want to send all of them a nice warning :)

• AsadAsad Member

WHMCS completely sucks for not sending out any kind of email or anything. There must be tons of users who still haven't changed passwords or anything that have sent them over support tickets.

My WHMCS won't be coming back up. Might be a good summer project to write a client system somewhat along the lines of WHMCS.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

@Jack said: @AsadHaider what was yours used for?

A personal site used for freelance work/projects that I do, that's staying down.

Have another two installations on company sites, they're full of client/invoice data so going to have to figure out what to do with those.

• subigosubigo Member

Download done... now I just have to wait for the 806MB database import.

• @subigo said: It's pathetic that Licensepal has managed to email clients and WHMCS still hasn't sent a single thing.

2nd.

• In the DB, there's all of the Welcome to WHMCS emails with passwords stored in plain text. And, just tested, you can login with one. Just for science purposes ;)

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

I'm importing it now to have a look what info they got. Pretty interesting stuff..

Edit: Wow the stupidity of whmcs amazes me, they've uploaded administration scripts to their new site and not even bothered to change the passwords. Who want's a free license for life?

• @AsadHaider said: Who want's a free license for life?

I do? ;)

• Wolf95Wolf95 Member

So far HostBill has been pretty consistent for me, their licensing server has only been down once (or at least in-accessible from my server). I plan on staying with HostBill for the foreseeable future.

• subigosubigo Member

Damn you guys who already got it imported. I'm going to have to move to a server with a real cpu. My netbook can't handle it.

• circuscircus Member

Crap it's gone :( any mirror?

• AsadAsad Member

@subigo said: netbook

Did you seriously at any point think it could? :P

Maybe we should get some of @iwebhostu DMCA hosting and stick it on there for everyone to see :)

• I wonder what the annual income for WHMCS is

• AsadAsad Member

I hope WHMCS had e-risks/hacker damage insurance.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2012

@Jack said: How much the resellers pay.

Hostgator is going to be pissed.

Francisco

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@pioneernetworks said: I wonder what the annual income for WHMCS was

FTFY

• @AsadHaider said: Who want's a free license for life?
    I want as well. Damn I'm at a course now.

• specklspeckl Member

Hostgator is going to be sued. That is clear as day. Unless they can prove that they couldn't tell that it wasn't him.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited May 2012

@cosmicgate said: I want as well. Damn I'm at a course now.

@TheHackBox said: I do? ;)

• subigosubigo Member

@AsadHaider said: Did you seriously at any point think it could?

Yeah, I was. And I was able to get it imported by closing out some things. Going through it now.

• @AsadHaider

I'll take one too if it's still up for grabs, never worked with WHMCS.

• subigosubigo Member

Ha.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/ - why the fuck hostgator pays 15$ for license.. Something is not right with dump. A provider can easily get big discount rates, even my company had the 13.60$ price? Or am I getting it wrong?

• subigosubigo Member

Well... after looking over the database for less than 30 minutes, I can conclude the following: A lot of people are going to be waking up to bad news tomorrow.

If you used a weak/common password or a credit card, you better get on things now. And if you ever gave WHMCS your login details, you better change things now. There are a lot of plaintext passwords in here.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited May 2012

edit: Actually, it looks like they were making closer to $150-200k per month.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I wish there was a good alternative to them...