Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


ZazoomVPS being sold?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

ZazoomVPS being sold?

justinbjustinb Member
edited September 2011 in Providers

it hasn't even been half a year yet...

«13

Comments

  • Linkie?

  • webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1083579

    Thanked by 2drmike Francisco
  • grumble There goes my money. Knew it was too good a deal to pass.

    I must admit it sure is an easy way to make money... quick cash, then sell the company and keep the profits while your customers have to deal with a new company and/or setup.

  • I should also mention that by default, ZazoomVPS set the Paypal payments as auto-subscription. I realized this because I usually pay per month and noticed I received an additional email for the auto-subscribe.

    I can just imagine when the term renews and ppl are asking for refunds... and if they are ever going to see it...

  • FranciscoFrancisco Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @tortau It's common and happens a lot with the companies that live off yearlies. Happened with HostLatch, happened with most of the brands Rus bought, happened with BlazeVPS, AkiSoft, availableVPS, hostrail, etc, etc, etc.

    As I've always said, it's cool to see so much cash be made in such a short time but few people actually hold onto the cash for the rest of the year and treat it as monthly cash flow.

    Francisco

  • It's common and happens a lot with the companies that live off yearlies.

    You guys do see that all of the account though are monthly, right? Not yearly.

  • @Francisco I never had a hostrail VPS default to a subscription, but if a company tries to do that I realize before I pay because it asks me to add a credit card to my account.

  • @drmike Agreed it's all monthly income, so this is not a case of a yearly provider doing the typical ran out of cash, run and hide. Would I pay for the customers, nope, I don't subscribe to buying customers bit, tried it once, was burned on it from shrink, but someone will buy it, now to get burst pricing someplace else since it must be moved.

  • Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

    tortau said: I should also mention that by default, ZazoomVPS set the Paypal payments as auto-subscription. I realized this because I usually pay per month and noticed I received an additional email for the auto-subscribe.

    I can just imagine when the term renews and ppl are asking for refunds... and if they are ever going to see it...

    But I guess you know that it's easy to cancel the subscription under your Paypal account, without needing to contact the company you are paying to, so if you don't want the subscription you are able to cancel it in Paypal, then next payment won't get automatically payed anymore ;)

  • @Go59954 Yup, I know that. But I'm just thinking about the other subscribers who don't read WHT/LET forums... oh well. I assume an email would go out...

  • PayPal subscriptions were enforced by accident for about a week, due to a bug with WHMCS forcing them even when the option to allow checkout and subscription was enabled.

    I stated my reason for selling in that thread, and I still stick by it, i'd rather give my customers a chance of continuing with a good VPS service, instead of it gradually degrading into the dead pool.

  • @Daniel -- well good luck with your studies. What kind of fields/education are you going into?

  • @LowEndAdmin

    Two routes, Geology and Archeology, and Computing and Maths

  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

    There's a lot of interest it looks like. I would consider making a bid but not interested in KVM. :(

  • KuJoe said: but not interested in KVM. :(

    Whaaaaaaaat? Really? SecureDragon need some fun! LOL

  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

    We fought with KVM and Xen HVM forever and the disk IO was horrible for us. I think it's our RAID cards because I figured 10k SAS drives would be fast enough.

  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2011

    Well, KVM IO wise isn't half bad, with just a normal drive you can get around 80MB/S with a loaded node.

  • Daniel said: Well, KVM IO wise isn't half bad, with just a normal drive you can get around 80MB/S with a loaded node.

    Agreed with Daniel, I have a KVM from zazoomvps and it is quite good in terms of its performance.

  • kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited September 2011

    Disk I/O is exactly why we held off on new KVM improvements. In the past it was mediocre. Our Xen servers could easily break 200MB/s while KVM was lagging in the low 100's even with 12 spindle RAID10

    But with the recent KVM performance enhancements our KVM tests are coming up higher than Xen HVM and approaching Xen PV speed of 300MB/s.

    KVM looks like it will dominate Xen for HW Virt and Xen-HVM will probably go the way of the dodo bird.

    Zazoom's adoption of KVM was a bit early but whoever picks up the company will probably benefit from the future direction of KVM.

  • Maybe I should buy it and make myself a target for the cough lovely folks we have on the main site.

  • drmike said: Maybe I should buy it and make myself a target for the cough lovely folks we have on the main site.

    Can we share ownership? I'd like to be harassed too.

  • kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited September 2011

    Daniel said: Two routes, Geology and Archeology, and Computing and Maths

    Best of luck to you in your studies, "Tiger".

  • kiloserve said: Zazoom's adoption of KVM was a bit early but whoever picks up the company will probably benefit from the future direction of KVM.

    I preferred KVM over OpenVZ, so I made the choice to test the platform,

    Went through a couple of months just testing a KVM & SolusVM setup, countless times Virsh would bug and report all VMs were offline (when they weren't), and one of the reasons for the $7 1GB is to see what people prefer, KVM or OpenVZ with the same price & specs, and KVM came out a clear top.

  • Go59954 said: But I guess you know that it's easy to cancel the subscription under your Paypal account, without needing to contact the company you are paying to, so if you don't want the subscription you are able to cancel it in Paypal, then next payment won't get automatically payed anymore ;)

    What if you can't/don't use paypal?

  • luis123456 said: What if you can't/don't use paypal?

    Then you don't get to buy one.

  • justinb said: Then you don't get to buy one.

    Why do people get to be annoying if you don't adhere to the rules of the (monster) Paypal? As if there aren't other payment methods, like cash, SMS, etc?

  • luis123456 said: other payment methods, like SMS

    How do I get the money out of my phone? This is just dumb, you don't transfer money via SMS, you link accounts, even paypal, to your phone, and sms it.

  • miTgiB said: How do I get the money out of my phone? This is just dumb, you don't transfer money via SMS, you link accounts, even paypal, to your phone, and sms it.

    It's a "thing" in europe where you send a SMS to a premium rate number and get billed for it.

    Thanked by 1kylix
  • miTgiB said: How do I get the money out of my phone? This is just dumb, you don't transfer money via SMS, you link accounts, even paypal, to your phone, and sms it.

    That's possible but not via paypal. They've locked my account, and dont want me on there systems. Sorry. Maybe in the futurte but via AP, SMS, or cashX.

  • @luis123456

    They've locked my account, and dont want me on there systems.

    Maybe there's a reason for that?

Sign In or Register to comment.