Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Sponsors - Web Hosting forum
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Sponsors - Web Hosting forum

DeathstarrDeathstarr Member
edited May 2014 in Requests

I did not see anything in the rules saying I could not or should not post an request here if there are any vps providers wanting to advertise on a web hosting forum. If I am breaking a unknown or unseen rule please remove this post.

I am the owner of http://WebHostRally.com and I am looking for a few advertisers. Some of you may have received and e-mail from me, I sent out a few to companies that I knew and have seen over the time here.

I am looking for advertisers so I can buy advertisements on other websites and get WebHostRally going really well. This money will not be spent on hosting or no I do not need any hosting. I pay for this hosting already so I can be as needy as a client.

I am only trying to fill a few more spots on the forum.

3x 125x125 sidebar advertisements - these ads are site wide and will not rotate - $15 a month or $150 a year - yearly is 2 months free.

1 468x60 banner - below header (in place of adsense) none rotational - sitewide - $20 a month or $200 a year.

Text links- in the footer $100/year - site wide and possibly under the 468x60.

Send a email to [email protected] for statistics and to see what spots are still available.

Edited: Wanted to add Im not looking for just web host, I would take services related to hosting such as ddos protection, monitoring...ect..ect

Also feel free to join and post your offers :)

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited May 2014

*Page loads fine for everyone else, AT&T is just being an ass host again.

• wojonswojons Member

@Pwner said:
    I counted over 10 seconds to initially load your site, and the page still didn't load. Let me tell you now, even if every other negative factor didn't exist about your site, the fact that it takes a while to load the page will deter everyone from it.

For me it loaded with in a second.

• @Pwner said:
    I counted over 10 seconds to initially load your site, and the page still didn't load. Let me tell you now, even if every other negative factor didn't exist about your site, the fact that it takes a while to load the page will deter everyone from it.

I think you should check your network settings, loaded within a second or two for me.

• PwnerPwner Member

-checks network-

-quietly curses AT&T-

Now, where's that thread about "cheaper Internet for US residents"? I need to find a new provider.

• I am hosted at GoRack in FL and they are having no issues at this time. If you are having problems let me know and I will see if I can't get some resolution.

• PwnerPwner Member

@Deathstarr

It's not you, it's not me, it's my sh*tty ISP. Sorry for the harsh sounding reply earlier, I had no idea just how awful my host was until I loaded your site. Looks nice and sleek, I wish you the best of luck with it. :)

• wojonswojons Member

@Deathstarr said:
    I am hosted at GoRack in FL and they are having no issues at this time. If you are having problems let me know and I will see if I can't get some resolution.

do you use some sort of cdn also?

• I do not use a CDN just straight server

• RalliasRallias Member

Would you be game for a per-impression pricing?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Pretty expensive for a PR1 website, essentially useless in terms of backlinking to sponsors sites.

Also I see quite a bit of blackhat SEO, forged keywords, Alexa rank pumping :(

• @Rallias said:
    Would you be game for a per-impression pricing?

I dont have any way of tracking it at the moment.

@viCommunications said:
    Pretty expensive for a PR1 website, essentially useless in terms of backlinking to sponsors sites.

The only SEO I use is meta tags, forged keywords? and I have not been pumping anything, in the past three weeks I have been working on getting more traffic by advertisements and using social media.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited May 2014

Deathstarr said: I dont have any way of tracking it at the moment.

Sure you do.

my $imgurl = $self->db->prepare('SELECT IMGURL FROM SPONS WHERE SPONSID = ?')->execute($self->param('sponsor'))->fetchrow_hashref->{'IMGURL'};
    if ( $imgurl ) {
        $self->db->prepare('UPDATE SPONS SET IMPR = IMPR + 1 WHERE SPONSID = ?')->execute($self->param('sponsor'));
        $self->redirect($url);
    } else {
        $self->render('invalid_sponsid');
    }

(Sorry for perl... don't know PHP, so gave mojolicious::lite code. Should translate to PHP/DBI easily enough.)

viCommunications said: Pretty expensive for a PR1 website, essentially useless in terms of backlinking to sponsors sites.

You sure like to hate on everything it seems.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Rallias said: You sure like to hate on everything it seems.

Don't push it :')

• RalliasRallias Member

viCommunications said: Don't push it :')

I'm merely making an observation. Pushing it would be like me saying 'A normal person, especially one with a signature like you have, would take that observation and improve with it'. But I'm not going to push it.

• wojonswojons Member

To me this is all about taking risk. This website maybe your exact target customers. and our getting a flat rate marketing price. for the entire month and or year. if you see ur hosting plans at $7 a month it would only take 3 sales a month from his message board to pay back the adverting cost its self.

• @wojons said:
    To me this is all about taking risk. This website maybe your exact target customers. and our getting a flat rate marketing price. for the entire month and or year. if you see ur hosting plans at $7 a month it would only take 3 sales a month from his message board to pay back the adverting cost its self.

I'm not sure if your saying its a good thing or a bad thing. But I feel like my prices are lower compared to other forums that may be doing worse.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

wojons said: if you see ur hosting plans at $7 a month it would only take 3 sales a month from his message board to pay back the adverting cost its self.

...assuming those hosting plans are 100% pure profit.

• wojonswojons Member

@Deathstarr said:
    I'm not sure if your saying its a good thing or a bad thing. But I feel like my prices are lower compared to other forums that may be doing worse.

its a good thing. your prices are lower your new and growing. Regardless it gets the name of a busness out there.

@raindog308 said:

very try but one thing to make sure to keep in mind is once u have that new customer its your job to make sure to treat them well enough to renew. so you can make the profit over a few month. if your customer lifespan is one month then there is work on other thends that has to be done.

• Just a Small update............. the top banner is sold, 125x125 is now on BuySiteAds.com you can purchase them there. if you want an advertisement somewhere else please pm or email me.

• wychwych Member

@Deathstarr said:
    Just a Small update............. the top banner is sold, 125x125 is now on BuySiteAds.com you can purchase them there. if you want an advertisement somewhere else please pm or email me.

Its not showing up in the search.

http://buysiteads.com/advertiser/search

• yes it does, just search WebHostRally but I am having a problem updating my impressions so please stand by on that. Because WebHostRally has over 5k impressions this month.