Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free dedi server in FL from DataSoft Networks - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free dedi server in FL from DataSoft Networks

124»

Comments

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2014

LOL.

• You don't paid for using all that much Sir
    • You can't use that much server Sir.

Yes Sir! :)

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • J1021J1021 Member

The server got suspended completely in the end, reason given 'hacking or spamming'. They're able to unsuspended my server for 15 minutes to grab my data and then would need to reinstall the server OS. (15minutes would allow me to grab a maximum 11GB of data from the server with a 250GB HDD)

Good job I'm only messing around with this.

• 1e10 said: The server got suspended completely in the end, reason given 'hacking or spamming'.

wow, and what proof did they give for this serious accusation?

• J1021J1021 Member

TarZZ92 said: wow, and what proof did they give for this serious accusation?

The attached MRTG graphs.

• petrispetris Member

I'm not sure what the deal is here... The email says "Please make sure it is not spamming or hacking", not "Your server will be shut off if the bandwidth usage continues." So, if you're not spamming or hacking, what are you worrying about?

• J1021J1021 Member

petris said: I'm not sure what the deal is here... The email says "Please make sure it is not spamming or hacking", not "Your server will be shut off if the bandwidth usage continues." So, if you're not spamming or hacking, what are you worrying about?

Absolutely agree..

However they have cut off my server for bandwidth usage with the excuse of 'hacking or spamming'.

• 1e10 said: The attached MRTG graphs.

They must be

a, Very Dumb
    b, Have very small amount of bandwidth shared with god knows how many people. a MRTG is hardly evidence of hacking.

• J1021J1021 Member

TarZZ92 said: They must be

a, Very Dumb b, Have very small amount of bandwidth shared with god knows how many people. a MRTG is hardly evidence of hacking.

AUP specifically reads that the 100Mb/s port is shared with 20 other servers.

• petrispetris Member

@1e10 said:
    However they have cut off my server for bandwidth usage with the excuse of 'hacking or spamming'.

I see, now that I've gone back and read the thread. Sounds like their AUP needs to be tightened up or they're going to have a rocky road ahead.

• J1021J1021 Member

http://www.datasoft.ws/ds_usage.php

If, however, you are attempting to take advantage of the service by distributing large files or streaming excessive video or hosting torrents or something similar or hacking/spamming, then we will request that you cease doing so or shutdown your server until issue is solved.

I guess you can't FTP at full line speed then. It doesn't even seem you can burst to 100Mb/s without being warned.

• 1e10 said: AUP specifically reads that the 100Mb/s port is shared with 20 other servers.

So they lack bandwidth then.. So essentially they are selling a 10Mbps server for 70 dollars. not so cheap after all considering everything including capping cpu.

• petrispetris Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    So they lack bandwidth then.. So essentially they are selling a 10Mbps server for 70 dollars. not so cheap after all considering everything including capping cpu.

Correction: 5Mbps.

• petris said: Correction: 5Mbps.

where you seeing this? on MRTG it says 10

• RurikoRuriko Member

just cap your download and upload to 10Mbps and you won't get those stupid emails

• lipanbarakulipanbaraku Member
    edited June 2014

@1e10 said:
    http://www.datasoft.ws/ds_usage.php

If, however, you are attempting to take advantage of the service by distributing large files or streaming excessive video or hosting torrents or something similar or hacking/spamming, then we will request that you cease doing so or shutdown your server until issue is solved.

I guess you can't FTP at full line speed then. It doesn't even seem you can burst to 100Mb/s without being warned.

yeah, i got 2MB/s max for ftp upload, http 500KB/s - 1MB/s max upload even im not capped my connections.. but i can get full speed for download, 100mbit/s (12MB/s).

• FredQcFredQc Member

Guys, just go with Kimsufi, their cheap and you can get full use of your 100Mbps connection ALL the time.

• roykemroykem Member
    edited June 2014

First, to get the free first month they charge $0.01 (PayPal).
    http://prntscr.com/3pu1yw

Second, they asked for my detail information. (gave it to them)

Third, they send me this:

Sir ,

We are sorry to say that we ran out of free 2 Core 2 GB Cloud Server (Dynamically upgradable Server) with Unlimited Bandwidth.

Now we have only full rent Cloud Servers. 

Please make full payment for 2 Core 2 GB Cloud Server (Dynamically upgradable Server) or we can refund your payment.

Please let us know .

Thanks for contacting us .We are online 24/7 to help our customers. 

Have a nice day.

Nope, better stay out from this provider, since the main purpose only to test/benchmark.
    Keep the change boys..

pfftt.. what a clown..

• ^^^ that makes no sense. how can they run out of something then ask you to pay for it? if they dont have it in stock why they asking for payment

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2014

TarZZ92 said: where you seeing this? on MRTG it says 10

Yes it seems that you get warnings if you exceed 10Mb/s. However the AUP says there are 20 servers connected to a 100Mb/s line, so that will average 5Mb/s a server.

I ran a benchmark on the cloud server. http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/06/03/GK8nqwQQ0QRcnM8R

• lol they capping the CPU on vps too. wtf!

• J1021J1021 Member

@TarZZ92 said:

To be fair I would never actually purchase anything from them as their website looks like it has been made using MS Word.

• FredQcFredQc Member

Just stay away from this company, it wont hurt.

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member
    edited June 2014

So at the end this dedi server is just a joke. One $5 VPS has more performande than this peace of crap ? LOL