Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Floating/Portable IP's on an OpenVZ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Floating/Portable IP's on an OpenVZ?

2»

Comments

• The only thing that I see that's off is with those three disk space used bars. May want to stick a server name in there to tell them apart.

Unless of course all three are for the same vps.

• @drmike - That's just a copy/paste for the template that didn't get reworded. Disk Space, RAM, Bandwidth :P But thanks for the heads-up, that probably confused some folks :P

• @Aldryic was kind of wondering why there weren't bars for those. Thanks

• @Francisco Since you are running your own coded panel you must have been saving $10 per node SolusVM slave monthly license fee. What about Master is it SolusVM Master or Own coded?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

GeekView said: @Francisco Since you are running your own coded panel you must have been saving $10 per node SolusVM slave monthly license fee. What about Master is it SolusVM Master or Own coded?

Own coded as well :)

Back in June we looked at our SolusVM bill and went 'Man, thats $4000/y, thats like 2 vacations for me!' and I started on my own system. We're thinking about marketing it as a one off deal for hosts.

Eg. they pay us $800 - $1000 one off and they can have an unlimited amount of nodes behind it.

Francisco

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited October 2011

Pffft, you're a horrible liar, boss. Everybody knows we have to -force- you to take vacations :3

More accurately, we looked at SolusVM's performance and went "FFS, this performs like an incompetent stoner coded it, we should do our own". <_<

• how much support/updates would the license include?

• @daimonb Haven't really thought that much into it, to be honest. Though obviously the latest 'update' wouldn't include all of the features we currently offer to our clients, and would more likely just be 1-3 revisions behind :P

edited October 2011

daimonb said: how much support/updates would the license include?

Support would be mostly community/wiki based. Updates wouldn't be a constant thing but I'd likely include a year of support with the initial then release recurring years for a very reasonable fee.

Solus pumps out a lot of updates but the thing is that they never complete anything. There was a lot of crap that we simply didn't integrate when we've been building stallion since it's either broken in solus or poorly integrated (namely central backups).

Francisco

• Updates wouldn't be a constant thing but I'd likely include a year of support with the initial then release recurring years for a very reasonable fee.

That's why we're yearly with our DA licenses instead of buying it out right.

drmike said: That's why we're yearly with our DA licenses instead of buying it out right.

It'd be like $100/y or so for support.

I'm not interested in doing leases for our software, too much of a pain in the ass to handle the licensing servers.

The idea behind stallion, if we marketed it, would be to offer complete working features, not a billion features and none of them 'really' work properly. Solus will always be 'ahead' of us in the 'hey lets bolt more shit on the side of this', but I can safely say we're ahead in the 'fully working' and 'not coded by the ex HyperVM team' departments.

People that'll be interested in buying into Stallion will use it because it's a stable panel and people can expect features to be fully tested/debugged/etc before any sort of updates are pushed to the public.

Francisco

• not a billion features and none of them 'really' work properly.

Like Exsim or whatever it's called. God, I hated that thing.