Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta monitoring service : Sentinel Tower
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beta monitoring service : Sentinel Tower

EdouardEdouard Member

Hello members of LowEndTalk,

Today we are proudly launching the beta version of our server monitoring service.

As many others, our solution is based on an agent that you install on your server and a hosted software which displays and send notifications.

The current version only supports the following linux distros flavours : debian, ubuntu, centos, fedora, gentoo. More will come shortly, and we are planning to support windows, macOS and BSD based OS in the future.

To apply for the beta, please complete this small survey ( https://my.sentineltower.com/survey.php ), you will then be able to sign up at the following address : https://my.sentineltower.com/signup.php

Please report any bugs to [email protected], and if you need any help or have suggestions you can write to [email protected]

As a preview, here are a few screenshots:

Edouard

Comments

• cassacassa Member

The beta key is invalid or already used

• EdouardEdouard Member
    edited May 2014

@cassa said:
    The beta key is invalid or already used

PM me your email address

• cassacassa Member

@Edouard said:
    PM me your email address

It's working fine now :)

• cassacassa Member
    edited May 2014

Woah! Very awesome Edouard! Only thing I'm currently missing are:

• Standard limits
    • Public page
  • colacola Member

i've installed this monitor, lets just hope that isn't a way to make vulnerable our servers.

• EdouardEdouard Member

@cassa said:
    Woah! Very awesome Edouard! Only thing I'm currently missing are:

>
    • Standard limits
    • >
    • Public page
    • >

What do you mean by standard limits? Limits for the pre installed metrics? Yup we can definitively do that.

Public page is planned :)

• EdouardEdouard Member

@cola said:
    i've installed this monitor, lets just hope that isn't a way to make vulnerable our servers.

It should not :)
    You can have a look at the code (/opt/sentinelFaction/ written in python)

• MultiMulti Member

Well i just installed 1 server and i would say its quite okay so far. The first email after installing the server with the info that the server is down was a bit confusing but its working now.

I would suggest not to show so long numbers on the graphs, e.g. 8,3 instead of 8,33333333334% CPU load.
    Same with the ram. I think it would be enough to show one or two numbers after the ,

But so far it seems to be fine except for the missing public page which im also waiting for at nodequery -.-

• cassacassa Member

@Edouard said:
    Public page is planned :)

I mean, when CPU is < 70% send a notification, now we need to set up aaaalll the limits, some templates could be useful

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Pretty nice little service you have here :) Really like it. I'd love a mobile interface / app. That would be kick ass.

• Looks nice, not much to it yet though.

• can't get the key.

• EdouardEdouard Member
    edited May 2014

@Multi said:
    Well i just installed 1 server and i would say its quite okay so far. The first email after installing the server with the info that the server is down was a bit confusing but its working now.

I would suggest not to show so long numbers on the graphs, e.g. 8,3 instead of 8,33333333334% CPU load.
    Same with the ram. I think it would be enough to show one or two numbers after the ,

But so far it seems to be fine except for the missing public page which im also waiting for at nodequery -.-

Thank you for your feedback, we will fix the first email and display for percentages soon after we finished coding and testing the public page :)

We should have a first iteration of public page (up or down, CPU, RAM, DISK) released by the end of next week if not earlier. What are you expecting to see on these public pages besides what I already listed ?

@cassa said:
    I mean, when CPU is < 70% send a notification, now we need to set up aaaalll the limits, some templates could be useful

Nice suggestion :)

@agoldenberg said:
    Pretty nice little service you have here :) Really like it. I'd love a mobile interface / app. That would be kick ass.

Thanks. Once we are happy with the "desktop version", yup we are definitively do a mobile version.

@AThomasHowe said:
    Looks nice, not much to it yet though.

Have you tried to click on your server name in the group list ?

@guonning said:
    can't get the key.

Have you completed the survey ? If yes, send me you email address by PM, I will resend you your key.

• cassacassa Member

Public page is great! Some features that may be great to add:

- Customisation, add an option to change the background
    - Maybe an option to remove the header
    - When the description is empty, do not display the well (http://tbx.me/CMNtC.png)
    - Option to change the order of the list
    - Place the counter under the table

Thanks!

• EdouardEdouard Member

@cassa said:
    Public page is great! Some features that may be great to add:

> - Customisation, add an option to change the background
    > - Maybe an option to remove the header
    > - When the description is empty, do not display the well (http://tbx.me/CMNtC.png)
    > - Option to change the order of the list
    > - Place the counter under the table
    > 

Thanks!

>

Haha you are watching it closely, I have not even got the time to announce it :)

Thank you for your suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

For those who want to see what it looks like, here is a demo link :

https://my.sentineltower.com/publicstatus.php?publicPageUid=1504351318424158209

And for those who just want to catch a glimpse here is a screenshot :

• I have been using this since you launched it, and thought i might drop some suggestions.

I don't know if this was me, or the agent, but I restarted one of my servers, and could not work out why the agent did not start up, nor could I work out how to start it. reinstalling it, did manage to start the agent.

notifications, having a default settings can be nice, starting out.

BTW, I do love the fact you separated disk usage notices, and didn't just have one, very nice for when I want different notices for each partition.

• @theduncan said:
    I have been using this since you launched it, and thought i might drop some suggestions.

I don't know if this was me, or the agent, but I restarted one of my servers, and could not work out why the agent did not start up, nor could I work out how to start it. reinstalling it, did manage to start the agent.

notifications, having a default settings can be nice, starting out.

BTW, I do love the fact you separated disk usage notices, and didn't just have one, very nice for when I want different notices for each partition.

Thank you for your inputs.

The init.d file was broken (windows end lines instead of UNIX end lines) which caused the file to not be properly interpreted. It is now fixed but all existing installations must be updated. We will release a way to update it easily during the upcoming week.

Default settings for limits are already planned :)

• I have not seen anything about monitoring services offers in the rules so I won't post offers here but just announcing that we have now started the commercial phase.

You can check my signature for more info.

For LET members wanting to have it a go, I can provide demo accounts so that you can catch the potential of the tool. Drop me a PM if you are interested.