Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edis Sweden
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Edis Sweden

gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
edited May 2012 in General

Any one noticed any problems with Edis' Sweden KVM? I've got notification about 3 down times during last two days. Total time about 60 minutes. First Chicago now this...

Thanked by 1anincog

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member

Yes, there are large DDoS issues with some customers running IRC.

Thanked by 1anincog
  • KuroKuro Member

@William said: Yes, there are large DDoS issues with some customers running IRC.

I thought you didn't allow clients to use IRC in the Sweden location?

• rds100rds100 Member

@Kuro it's not a secret that most clients don't read the ToS.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Kuro said: I thought you didn't allow clients to use IRC in the Sweden location?

IRC CLIENTS are allowed anywhere.
    This time it is a power and cooling issue with Bahnhof though (besides the usual DDoS) - It seems some people believe they can do anything in Sweden....

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2012

ddos caused by IRC users seems good excuse for downtimes till isn't proved differently :( Ah, power and cooling issue with Bahnhof this time besides the usual DDoS... damn, rude IRC users like me #$"%&$#!&...

On a serious note, does edis use any public performance monitor graphs of their nodes?

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@Spirit - Here you have our uptime RSS http://rss.uptimerobot.com/u988c9-4c0a43dd53e42b663042951688621088.xml - all issues are related to Swedish machine.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@Spirit said: On a serious note, does edis use any public performance monitor graphs of their nodes?

No.

@Spirit said: ddos caused by IRC users seems good excuse for downtimes till isn't proved differently

My Cacti graphs and my Ticket with portlane show it clearly :p

• @Spirit said: ddos caused by IRC users seems good excuse for downtimes till isn't proved differently :( Ah, power and cooling issue with Bahnhof this time besides the usual DDoS... damn, rude IRC users like me #$"%&$#!&...

On a serious note, does edis use any public performance monitor graphs of their nodes?

Hi Spirit!
    We are trying to be as transparent as possible. We did not really enjoy the last weekend with all the trouble on the Swedish nodes. Today Portlane confirmed that they have airconditioning problems in Pionen and would move machines to their own datacenter in the forthcoming weeks (only 2km away - no changes in routing - they migrate their whole infrastructure away from Bahnhof). We also send new machines to Stockholm to be able to offer a stable services from Stockholm again.

In terms of "public performance monitor graphs" ... would you have any examples? We would be able to provide network graphs, but this would not really help I guess ...

Cheers,
    Gerhard

• circuscircus Member

@ExPl0ReR said: In terms of "public performance monitor graphs" ... would you have any examples?

probably something like this:
    http://www.ramhost.us/?page=status

:)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2012

I think it would be a security risk, so we are not adding graphs for load or ethX - But if someone cares he can do a Pingdom or similar uptime check, i can add a HTML for the check at se/at/etc.edis.at :)

@Jack said: How big is "large"?

A few Gig, nothing special.