Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode or Crissic - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode or Crissic

2»

Comments

• lelewkulelewku Member

if people are really serious with vps that they need it for business and stuff..they surely will go for monthly bill..

• trexostrexos Member

@lelewku said:
    if people are really serious with vps that they need it for business and stuff..they surely will go for monthly bill..

And they won't go with LowEndBoxes I think:)

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

@khav said:
    SkylarM

I think you should allow at least web proxy...

I have been with ramnode for 7+ month (since the birth of my web proxy) .However i have now moved to a dedicated server but i am fully satisfied with Ramnode as a provider.

It would really be nice if you could be more flexible

For personal, private use it's more than welcome. What we don't want is someone to setup some web proxy that then gets used as spam forum bot registrations getting IPs blacklisted (it's happened a handful of times due to the package entry price point being so low and easy to abuse)

• What's the biggest difference between the companies?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XxNisseGamerxX said:
    What's the biggest difference between the companies?

Ramnode have been excellent for longer, and have more locations. They probably win the DD war too, should you give a shit.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • howardsl2howardsl2 Member
    edited May 2014

There was a problem with I/O speeds at Crissic, if you compress a very large file be prepared to be throttled to the point of unusable. Not sure if it has improved since.

Also at Crissic if you run any script that has a "questionable" name in their eyes, the monitoring scripts will immediately suspend your VPS claiming "hacking" activities. Be careful!

Edit: Thanks @Skylar for the reply. Crissic could have improved significantly since I last used their service in 2013! Take my opinion above with a grain of salt.

• namhuynamhuy Member

I'm with both, ramnode's i/o speed (ssd cached not even full ssd) is just amazing. Crissic is alright, I'm not so happy with their network speed at the moment but nothing to worry about. You can't go wrong with both but I would prefer ramnode.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • I can vouch for RamNode 100%. They are just amazing. I/O, network, and hardware in general is blazing fast. Support is the best, I recently submitted a support ticket, and got a response back within 15 minutes. RamNode is one of the few companies that I feel genuinely cares about their clients.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited May 2014

@hwdsl2 said:
    There was a problem with I/O speeds at Crissic, if you compress a very large file be prepared to be throttled to the point of unusable. Not sure if it has improved since.

Also at Crissic if you run any script that has a "questionable" name in their eyes, the monitoring scripts will immediately suspend your VPS claiming "hacking" activities. Be careful!

How long ago did you use our services? Our abuse tools have improved dramatically, and IO throttling no longer occurs (average performance on a full node ranges between 150-300Mbps on our newest units, customers on our X5660 nodes may see less, but should always be over 100).

If you open a ticket with us under your prior account I'd be more than happy to offer you a free 1 month trial to show that our systems have changed and that performance has improved :)

• khavkhav Member

@SkylarM said:
    For personal, private use it's more than welcome. What we don't want is someone to setup some web proxy that then gets used as spam forum bot registrations getting IPs blacklisted (it's happened a handful of times due to the package entry price point being so low and easy to abuse)

Well its a risk that ramnode is willing to take and that's why they got my respect and cash :) . As a public web proxy owner i haven't got any abuse report of any kind so far , its just boils down to how well you can configure it to prevent abuse .

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

@khav said:

Oh for sure. But you're in the minority when it comes to doing it right :) We allow things on a case-by-case basis, and yours would be one of those allowed. But generally, it's best to just not allow it en-masse to prevent abuse in the easiest method possible.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited May 2014

@khav said:

Yes this is the thing i like about ramnode and that's why i have a a lot of respect for them.

• BradBrad Member

Both are great. I'd have to say Crissic has faster support while RamNode has better server performance.

• Okay