Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Vultr require a credit card even you are paying with Paypal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It seems I can't fund vultr through my Paypal balance. The payment page insists on a credit card although I have a balance.

Is there some reason for this?

Comments

• Have you tried creating a ticket with them ? If not, please create one and let us know then what was the problem.

• rchurchrchurch Member

I created a ticket with them and they insisted the payment must be made through the credit card, which seems rather odd to me.

Can merchants demand that payments through Paypal should be made with credit cards?

• udkudk Member

They can demand whatever they like. You as a consumer can choose to bow to those demands or not.

That being said, I have not used a CC there, only PayPal.

• BradBrad Member

I believe if you have a card linked to PayPal, it should be fine. At least that was the case with me

• Credit Card companies generally listen to chargeback evidence a lot better than foreign banks' do [ for EFT/ACH ] and a LOT better than PayPal does in the case of an "Unauthorized" balance transfer.

Basically, they are reducing fraud risk.

• petrispetris Member
    edited May 2014

@rchurch said:
    I created a ticket with them and they insisted the payment must be made through the credit card, which seems rather odd to me.

Can merchants demand that payments through Paypal should be made with credit cards?

They could ask for payment in laughs, smiles, and rainbows if they wanted to.

• praveenpraveen Member

if you need to unblock smtp port 25 you will need to fill a form and provide credit card details, I didn't find any option for paypal in the form even though I am paying for the account through my paypal

• SunnSunn Member

Did not know this was a billing support forum..

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It is called sharing experience, like you ask a friend if he has the problem you face. Stop being such... this is not some random spam.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • @petris said:

Now that would be a winner, though I'm not sure how to get my hands on them damn rainbows!

• corbpiecorbpie Member

Decent thread bump

Thanked by 1vedran
  • XeiXei Member

Given the amount of spam and attacks I see coming from providers... it probably is a good thing they require it.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited May 2017

Nope, I they didn't when I made my account back in 2015, but things may have changed.

Scaleway is like this too, you can use PayPal but they force you to use a credit card when making the account for verification. No prepaid debit card I bought at a store worked, when I turned 18 and got my bank account with a debit card there linked to my address it finally worked because it was able to verify it with my address.

• PlioserPlioser Member

@ethancedrik said:
    Scaleway is like this too, you can use PayPal

Can you use Paypal with Scaleway?

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited May 2017

@Plioser said:

@ethancedrik said:

Not initially, they require credit/debit card verification as well.

• PlioserPlioser Member

@ethancedrik said:

@Plioser said:

@ethancedrik said:

Not initially, they require credit/debit card verification as well.

And how you did it to use Paypal?

https://scaleway.com/faq/billing/#-What-forms-of-payment-do-you-accept

https://scaleway.com/faq/billing/#-Do-you-support-any-other-form-of-payment

• YuraYura Member

@FutureForward2010 said:

@petris said:

Now that would be a winner, though I'm not sure how to get my hands on them damn rainbows!

I went ahead and flagged your last 3 messages in which you bumped 2-3 years old threads for basically no reason other than being a sore thumb.

Irony: your nickname is FutureForward but your messages are AssBackwards.

Thanked by 1jgillich
  • I think they added credit card verification because of abuse. When i created my account ( ~2yr ago) was possible to use bitcoin without any other verification :)

• @Yura

I replied to topics that are still relevant.... and also thought the comment about smiling and laughter a good tonic - something you may consider in your next project. Love and rainbows.