Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic Solutions Review (6 Months)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic Solutions Review (6 Months)

BellaBella Member
edited May 2014 in Reviews

Hi.

I've been with Crissic since December 2013, their website is https://crissic.net/ and @SkylarM is the owner.

Their one of the 22 providers here that I have VPS's with.

Their VPS's are rock solid in terms of uptime and network speeds.

I currently have 8 VPS's with them, they are all the $15 special with 2 IP's.

Disc Speed

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.83253 s, 280 MB/s

I mainly use my VPS's to host some small websites so disc speeds are not that important to me.

What makes Crissic stand out the most to me, out of all the providers I have VPS's with are the support ticket response times.

So far I've had to make 22 Support tickets with them, over the course of 6 months, most of them are not related to any VPS issues as I have never had any issues/downtime with them apart from the 2 network issues they've had while I've been a customer.

But they always get back to me within 5 - 10 minutes of submitting the ticket. Most of the time it's less than that.

Here are some of the tickets I've made

Their all replied in less than a minute of ticket being open.

http://i.imgur.com/KvGvNE1.png

http://i.imgur.com/KJVaPuJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/jUnRiMa.png

http://i.imgur.com/ephQqFz.png

No matter what time of the day I open a ticket, I always get a fast response.

I've never really written a review, but I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone looking to buy a VPS with good support.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

Comments

• KittenKitten Member

I'm really liking the support ticket response times and the quality of service.

Your getting top notch support at low end prices. You don't see many providers here like that.

Most providers here take at least a few hours to get back to you, or if your with bluevm, at least a day or two.

I'll be purchasing from Crissic very soon once my current vps's expire.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited May 2014

A review posted when they are having network issue?
    But yeah, their support is great. So far I have not met any other provider with same minute ticket response. I have 6 VPS with them.

• BellaBella Member

@DalComp said:
    A review posted when they are having network issue?
    But yeah, their support is great. So far I have not met any other provider with same minute ticket response. I have 6 VPS with them.

I had some spare time right now, so I posted this.

Their having some network issues right now, but only 3 of my VPS's are effected (their offline), the one I did my bench mark on was one of the unaffected ones.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member

i am a customer myself. the response time are indeed very good. the node performance also good and very stable. despite the issue recently. so far the last 6 months been great!

• We use quite a few providers here at LET for our projects and Crissic Solutions came out worse. We constantly receive emails telling us the VPS's are down. We won't be renewing any of our services with them in the future.

• BellaBella Member
    edited May 2014

@Freelancenerds said:
    We use quite a few providers here at LET for our projects and Crissic Solutions came out worse. We constantly receive emails telling us the VPS's are down. We won't be renewing any of our services with them in the future.

Not sure what node your on, I am pretty sure I have a VPS on each of their OpenVZ Nodes, only had downtime twice. Today and a few months ago.

https://my.crissic.net/announcements.php?id=38

• edited May 2014

Bella said: Not sure what node your on, I have a VPS on each of their OpenVZ Nodes, only had downtime twice. Today and a few months ago.

We have 3 on jax08

Latest downtime was 19-05-2014 04:08:32 and the downtime lasted for 0 hrs, 35 mins.

• active8active8 Member
    edited May 2014

i have 3 VPS with them and had not any downtime (there where some glitches in network connections but wasnt a really a problem and they fixed in notime)
    Fast with support tickets, i have read many negatieve reviews about them but that where things from the past, i hope that Skylar and his team are continuing this level of service

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited May 2014

@Freelancenerds said:
    Latest downtime was 19-05-2014 04:08:32 and the downtime lasted for 0 hrs, 35 mins.

Do me a favor and update your ticket. I'd like to migrate you to a different node and give you a month on us. I'd love to hopefully change your mind.

Last week or so we've been getting hit with some pretty crippling DDoS, which have caused blips of outages within our network. We believe we resolved the issue, and will be implementing further rules to further secure against similar attacks in the future.

Long story short, someone has been attacking our routing engine via our Atrato handoff, which has been very annoying and hard to try and track down the exact cause of the issue.

I appreciate the reviews! We are glad people are enjoying what we are doing, and we plan to keep it that way :)

@Bella said:
    I am pretty sure I have a VPS on each of their OpenVZ Nodes

I don't think so :)

Older hardware we have online still (Dual L5520's with SW RAID): JAX2,JAX9

Hardware with 12 disks and X5660 CPU's (HW raid): JAX02-JAX09

Hardware with 6 disks and X5650 CPU's (HW raid): OVZ01-OVZ05

A few of our 12 disk nodes have been acting up ,JAX08 in particular restarted a few days ago due to a kernel panic. We're slowly moving OpenVZ OFF of the 12 disk arrays to the 6 disk arrays with lower density to resolve some issues (primarily performance issues due to process count limitations), and provide better overall HDD performance. We've reduced overall density on the 12 disk nodes in the mean time to provide better stability to those particular units, and we only provision new orders to the newer 6-disk units.

Our 12 disk arrays are currently in use for our KVM nodes, and we migrate the openvz nodes as we need kvm nodes.

TLDR: OVZ01-OVZ05 will likely provide the best overall end-user experience due to a much lower density per-node than the 12disk nodes.