Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bwa hahahaha FB Stock is now Trading Under IPO Price...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bwa hahahaha FB Stock is now Trading Under IPO Price...

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited May 2012 in General

Theil cashed out at 43 dollars probably, then the stock started trending down.

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2012

+1 for @liam
    Shall Suckerberg and his evil product be forgotten soon!

• CoreyCorey Member

What will we use now if not Facebook?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

And oh look, it's back up.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@liam but Facebook has a MUCH bigger userbase than MySpace and Friendster ever had.. Yahoo is probably the only one of those 3 which has challenged based upon user numbers, but Yahoo isn't purely for social networking, so is not comparable.

Facebook might not be around in 10 years time, but it is the first social network to have the level of global recognition that it has.. granted, a lot of this is due to advances in technology (smartphones, tablets etc.).. but Facebook is far superior to MySpace, and any other previous social networks.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

sadly I don't think FB is going anywhere, unlike myspace and others it really has businesses pushing it, there's very few sites or tv shows I can visit/watch without facebook being mentioned, it's horrible. People also have acknowledged they could care less if a big corp sells all their data as long as they can stalk people and play games. I personally have never liked FB, I don't like the CEO and I don't like its design, at all. Myspace gave you much more freedom and was far more enjoyable, sadly their servers weren't the best and pages were pretty slow, plus it was never adopted on a large scale.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited May 2012

@taipres said: never adopted on a large scale.

Wait, what? MySpace was HUGE! Most people I knew had a MySpace profile, then simply switched over to Facebook.

@taipres said: without facebook being mentioned,

It's all about the Twitter hype in the UK at the moment, even Britain's Got Talent was trying to promote the hashtag tomfoolery.

@taipres said: People also have acknowledged they could care less if a big corp sells all their data as long as they can stalk people and play games.

What on earth are you talking about?

• flyfly Member

lowendbox #hashtag #trending #popular #now #RIGHTNOW #RIGHTTHISMOMENT #ATTHISVERYMOMENT #CURRENT #TRENDINGNOW

• AldryicAldryic Member

@ElliotJ said: Wait, what? MySpace was HUGE!

Keep in mind, that was likely before his time. And if the media tells him MySpace was bad, then he'll take it as gospel.

• Buy now. Sell in two months. Watch the fires in six.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

The first time they try and start really trying to claw back some income from users is when the shit will hit the fan. This will be a good investment for about 2 years I'd think.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

I have no doubt Facebook can make money, but their stock price realistically needs to trade around the average of 13x earnings not the 100x earnings it was introduced at.

Look at it this way, come June their stock is going to get real cheap because their earnings are going nowhere.

• Yeah it's over-valued by probably a factor of 10. Not quite sure how that happened...

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

@vmstormvps it's called hype and IPO of the day.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@FRCorey said: I have no doubt Facebook can make money, but their stock price realistically needs to trade around the average of 13x earnings not the 100x earnings it was introduced at.

It's nuts - that price has 100 years' worth of earnings priced into it. A century.

AM Radio was barely in use a century ago.

• @taipres Myspace gave you much more freedom and was far more enjoyable

You mean the custom themes that rendered half the profiles unreadable, auto-played annoying music, and gave epileptic kids seizures? That was the worst part about MySpace. I actually enjoyed the simple, consistent theme and readability of Facebook, before I deleted my account.

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • FRCoreyFRCorey Member

@buzzpoet I agree I never opened a myspace account for that reason, it was a load of bad html that drove me nuts to just look at it.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • I wanted to buy a few FaceBook shares, but I have no idea what so ever how to buy some.

• AdamAdam Member

@Daniel said: I wanted to buy a few FaceBook shares, but I have no idea what so ever how to buy some.

Etrade ;)

• AmitzAmitz Member

Walmart, next week!