Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HTML Virus - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HTML Virus

2»

Comments

• @daveshah said:

i hardly use ie

• SreeSree Member

Don’t trust Microsoft Security Essentials, install antivirus software above Security Essentials

• @Sree said:
    Don’t trust Microsoft Security Essentials, install antivirus software above Security Essentials

Essentials is so over rated...
    it did not see anything even after full scan and it is up to date.

• That's the Ramnit virus, according to Google.

Try those steps: http://www.lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/malware-descriptions/blog/viruswin32ramnita

Thanked by 1enitan092
  • @enitan092 said:
    it did not see anything even after full scan and it is up to date.

I like MSE. It's super lightweight, hardly uses any resources and doesn't have annoying popups all the time like some others.

In cases where I've downloaded something (knowing it probably contains a virus) it always picks it up as soon as it finishes downloading.

I have MalwareBytes installed too, but not running. When I download something, if MSE didn't pick anything up and I'm still suspicious, I scan with MalwareBytes (but it's never found anything MSE didn't) and once a week I run a full scan with both MSE and MalwareBytes.

I would recommend getting an SSD if your virus scan took that long. It takes like 10 mins to do a full scan, and it can do a quick scan in a minute or two.

• @hostnoob said:
    I would recommend getting an SSD if your virus scan took that long. It takes like 10 mins to do a full scan, and it can do a quick scan in a minute or two.

its a 3 partitioned disk with each having 250gb disk space which is atleast 45% full

• Be sure to check your websites files too obviously. You might not use IE but I bet some of the visitors to your sites do.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    Be sure to check your websites files too obviously. You might not use IE but I bet some of the visitors to your sites do.

i have not done any update to any of the sites