Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liberty Reserve is scam becarefull guys
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Liberty Reserve is scam becarefull guys

zamdenzamden Member
edited May 2012 in General

ebuygold.com one whole seller at liberty reserve they run with around 100k usd of users i was ordered for 1500$ also still no news from ebuygold and many users complain about them at different forum and they are still listed as whole seller at liberty reserve main page today i talk with liberty reserve they said we are not responsible for that . then who is responsible they are support scammed that means they are also scammed. i writing here other people can save from them they are total sux really just Google about ebuygold u will see how many users lost their amount :(

Comments

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited May 2012

Liberty Reserve is NOT a scam.

They simply have no way to dispute payments. Its a safe and guaranteed payment method.

It is up to you to conduct the appropriate amount of due diligence before doing business with someone by means of a guaranteed payment method such as WU or LR. Just because you got scammed by someone using these merchants, doesn't mean the payment merchant itself is a scam.

• zamdenzamden Member

who is responsible then? ebuygold is wholeseller of libertyreserve and they are still scamming many user why they didn't removed them from main page?? if they removed ebuygold from lr page so people can be save also from them they are not giving any responsible answer. LR make them whole seller ebuygold not become whole seller them self ... if i got scammed by one of trusted liberty reserve whole seller so liberty reserve is responsible coz they verified them at in their business for client.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

That would be why I only use payment providers who send money directly to my accounts, not through a reseller then to my accounts.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2012

I use libertyreserve to cashout to alertpay, It only costs me a $7 fee and actually costs less then it does to recieve my payouts from 2CheckOut, If it was a scam I would not have them as a payment processor.

@BlueVM said: That would be why I only use payment providers who send money directly to my accounts, not through a reseller then to my accounts.

• zamdenzamden Member

i used liberty reserve from a long time also used for big transfer but must take action if anyone their verified vendor run away read about ebuygold they run with around 100k usd that really enogh and user was trusting ebuygold coz they was verified at Liberty reserve buy/selling page. like that any verified vendor can run and liberty reserve will write we are not responsible for that action lol

• rds100rds100 Member

I can't imagine LR being used for legitimate things.

Thanked by 1Aldryic
  • KairusKairus Member

It's always someone else's fault. It seems like today nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions. You should have done a google search on ebuygold before purchasing something from them since from what you say a lot of negative reviews turns up. Being verified means little, it's extremely easy to get PayPal verified but that doesn't mean the person won't attempt to scam you (or that it's even a real person).

Thanked by 1beard
  • nabonabo Member
    edited May 2012

I still don't understand why people seem to loose the normal portion of sceptism when dealing online. I mean, let's have a look at it in real life: would you go to someone you don't know, give him money, that he then gives to another party that does the real transaction to the receiver?

• zamdenzamden Member

i read about them before made transaction there was have good feedback at moneygroup forums also at talkgold but they run 2 weeks ago the company was doing biz from 8 year and done many order. but now they are gone with lots of cash .. the main point is liberty reserve did not take any action about them they are still listed as whole seller verified at liberty reserve. i talked with liberty reserve they said we already have many inquiry about ebuygold.com blah blah. and

liberty reserve staff:
    Powered by SightMax
    Welcome to libertyreserve.com, Roger will be right with you.
    Roger
    Welcome to Liberty Reserve,my name is Roger . How may i help you?
    mad
    hello roger, the problem with ebuygold started from more than 2 weeks by now.. and they are still listed on lr website.. also we've been told that business departement will contact people about refunds as soon as they finish investigations.. its been two weeks for now and we have no word from lr or from ebuygold.. maybe you can give us an update on the situation or anything. thank you
    Roger
    We no have news about that situation, in this cases the money is 100% non refundable from Liberty Reserve.
    mad
    even if they are listed on your website, and authorized wholeseller ?
    mad
    why did business departement require transfers details then? and say "we will do our best to recover lost funds"
    Roger
    Correct, as you can read in our terms of service, Liberty Reserve is TOTAL independent of any other company.
    mad
    but that OTHER company is listed on your main page as an authorized wholeseller, and still are
    mad
    if you are a company that respects business i dont think you should post SCAMMERS on your main page, correct me if i am wrong
    mad
    one more thing, you offer customer support ticket system, and never reply to customers?
    Roger
    Actually we can not assura that is a scam company, that is in investigation, we will take all the actions necessary, but for sure the money is non refundable from us

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I always felt the whole egold/etc market was a scam.

We've had people ask us to support LR but I dunno....

Francisco

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Francisco said: We've had people ask us to support LR but I dunno....

You wouldn't even support Canadian companies :P

• AldryicAldryic Member

@miTgiB said: You wouldn't even support Canadian companies :P

Hell no, those Canadians are all shady. Trying to give out special deals, free service, etc :P

Thanked by 1Francisco

@Aldryic said: Hell no, those Canadians are all shady. Trying to give out special deals, free service, etc :P

<3

• taiprestaipres Member

There was one payment processor I researched that was absolutely a scam, they had relocated their businesses constantly, stole bunch of money or something, can't remember which since apparently I didn't save in the DB but don't think it was liberty reserve.

@taipres said: There was one payment processor I researched that was absolutely a scam, they had relocated their businesses constantly, stole bunch of money or something, can't remember which since apparently I didn't save in the DB but don't think it was liberty reserve.

gspay?

Francisco

• taiprestaipres Member

@Francisco said: gspay?

No that's not them, i'll have to go through the list again and see.

• taiprestaipres Member

Looks like it was indeed Liberty Reserve http://www.dreamteammoney.com/index.php?showtopic=71168

"Arthur Budovsky was arrested in New York in 2006 and charged with money laundering and unlicensed activity"

• subigosubigo Member

@Francisco said: I always felt the whole egold/etc market was a scam.

We've had people ask us to support LR but I dunno....

Francisco

I've been using egold sites since 2001. Never had a problem.

• beardbeard Member
    edited May 2012

A payment system without a dispute system means the trust is in the transaction between the seller and buy in the transaction

Stop dealing with questionable people. It's no different than a check. Someone could have physically wrote you a check, you waited 7 days for it to clear at your bank instead of drawing it at their bank and in those 7 days that person took off with your item or service.

Thanked by 1nabo
  • who is responsible then?

You are, numbnut. -_-'

Thanked by 1nabo
  • zamdenzamden Member

Wintereise: well everyone can be fool by trusted vendor u can be also :)

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited May 2012

@beard said: A payment system without a dispute system means the trust is in the transaction between the seller and buy in the transaction

Stop dealing with questionable people. It's no different than a check. Someone could have physically wrote you a check, you waited 7 days for it to clear at your bank instead of drawing it at their bank and in those 7 days that person took off with your item or service.

It doesn't really matter, people can screw you even paying with credit cards. Because they can do charge backs up to SIX months after a purchase...it's absolutely insane, and payment merchants like paypal can't do anything about it short of punish you(by taking back the money you earned). We call these serial refunders in the IM space because they go around stealing others products/services.

BTW I know the 6 month thing is to counter act credit card fraud, but IDK about you but I get a bank etc...statement monthly...so people don't need 6 months to determine someone stole their CC and are charging things.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@taipres said: SIX months

Im sure amex have done chargebacks at 12 months.

• taiprestaipres Member

@Taylor said: Im sure amex have done chargebacks at 12 months.

Bring on the bitcoin :) remove the power from the Illuminati

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Taylor said: Im sure amex

Is AMEX even relevant anymore?