Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving away 512mb ram yearly vps.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Giving away 512mb ram yearly vps.

StevieStevie Member

I got this vps from here:
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/27216/5g-ssd-512mb-ram-quadranet-la-2-87-yearly-xvm-labs/p1

Just say what purpose you will use it for, looking only for people with a open source project to take the vps.

Comments

• StevieStevie Member
    edited May 2014

Wow these scam artist dont even try anymore do they?
    Look at this guy with no posts/threads:

smartlearn 1:37PM
    I may wish to take that vps if the giveaway still exists.

>

As my username shows as we are doing a group project for web based learning system.

>

So we will use for it

>

Thanks

Yea really? not even a url for your so called project?
    Sorry i am not stupid.

• BoxodeBoxode Member

Would advise caution, said user still has access to your project and/or your information.

• Is making a socks proxy allowed on this vps? I need a vps for unblocking websites, ofource for my personal use. If it is still available let me know. Thanks

• roykemroykem Member

Its not open for project, if okay, will use it for development testing project.

Thank you.

• IceCreamIceCream Member
    edited May 2014

"smartlearn" that's funny.

idk I would use it for IRC services dev but that's kinda CPU hungry due to compiling so I guess no.

• IceCream said: idk I would use it for IRC services dev but that's kinda CPU hungry due to compiling so I guess no.

Not like you compile 24/7

• @duckeeyuck I already a hoster who suspended my account due to a Gentoo installation (KVM VPS with available Gentoo images). So I'm a bit careful with it...

• Is this still available? I just want a box to play with Ghost and other fun dev things, and I (sadly) missed the XVMLabs sale by a few hours.

• StevieStevie Member

Forget it,

I am no longer going to offer this, I been getting replys here and private messages and you people don't seem to understand that I am only looking for open source projects, not people wanting to play games or to "try" to start development.

This offer is no longer valid.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014

I got 1, still need to find a use for it.

Not giving it away :p.

• @mpkossen etc. etc.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2014

You're all making it look like giving away (or receiving) something which costs $2.87 PER YEAR is such a totally huge deal, I dunno, like you're giving away your house for random people to live in for a year, or something.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • StevieStevie Member

@rm_

Yea and I feel it is disrespectful when I said its for a open source project and they want to use it for gaming or to learn - Just spend damn $1 a month and stop being freeloader's I am surprised luis has not posted yet.

Its like giving food to a homeless person but having a rich fat guy run and try to snatch the food that I wanted to give to that homeless person.

Thanked by 1vonlulzweg
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Stevie said:

Yea and I feel it is disrespectful when I said its for a open source project and they want to use it for gaming or to learn

Well clearly there's no-one with an open source project who wants your VPS, so what's so bad about giving it to someone who wants to use it for learning purposes? At least someone will get some benefit from it, and who knows, that person may in time startup their own open source project because of your contribution to their learning.

• Stevie said: Yea and I feel it is disrespectful when I said its for a open source project and they want to use it for gaming or to learn - Just spend damn $1 a month and stop being freeloader's I am surprised luis has not posted yet.

Its like giving food to a homeless person but having a rich fat guy run and try to snatch the food that I wanted to give to that homeless person.

I feel you are being disrespectful to all rich fat guys. They have feelings too you know ;)

edited June 2014

Stevie said: Yea and I feel it is disrespectful when I said its for a open source project

Seriously, $2.87 a year is on the level of sparing a cig to a stranger you met on the road. You're just making yourself look silly by being so anal about the necessity of an Open Source Project, and the rest of the unwashed masses being unworthy of your great gift.

and they want to use it for gaming or to learn

Yeah. How dare they, trying to learn for free.

• @IceCream said:
    mpkossen etc. etc.

What?

• StevieStevie Member

Please close this thread.

I dont feel like arguing why I said only open source projects, and having these low end nut jobs arguing why I made my decision even though I was providing the VPS for free.

Dont like what i give for free then make a thread and you can accept as many scammer's/hackers as you want - you can be the fool.

rm_

I am doing it for free, if i said you have to make a video and post 100's how much rm_ is a ass, people would do it if they felt like it right?

You dont like my reason on providing a free vps, then open a thread and offer your own since its like offering a cig on the street.

edited June 2014

Stevie said: You dont like my reason on providing a free vps, then open a thread and offer your own

Being an FSF Associate Member at $120/year I feel I'm already doing my bit in supporting Open Source Free Software as it stands. :)
    If I will have a spare VPS, then sure I'll offer it here, maybe for free, maybe for a price, but certainly with no silly restrictions or making a big deal out of nothing or blaming people of being "scam artists" for wanting it.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited June 2014

what do people use the super cheap box for? i've yet to find a good use of it...was thinking of doing gre to my bhs kimsufi but that's not supported on these boxes

• earlearl Member

@zhuanyi said:
    what do people use the super cheap box for? i've yet to find a good use of it...was thinking of doing gre to my bhs kimsufi but that's not supported on these boxes

Be good for trying out different panels..

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @earl said:

you mean like having a webmin+kloxo+vestacp all in the same box? that's an interesting thought...

Thanked by 1earl
  • StevieStevie Member

@rm_

Well good for you?

• StevieStevie Member

And I did not say everyone wanting this vps was a scam artist, just that smartlearn guy.

And plus, most free vps close shop because of scammers and hackers abusing the free vps.

Which is why I said I would only accept open source projects.

• StevieStevie Member

@zhuanyi

Heh, I think earl meant using small cheap vps for trying each of the CP not all at once, its a waste of resources to have them all running at once. Plus you would need like 1 gig ram or more to have all those running at once and change a million config files :-P

Thanked by 2earl zhuanyi
  • earlearl Member

@zhuanyi said:
    you mean like having a webmin+kloxo+vestacp all in the same box? that's an interesting thought...

Never thought about all three. But I suppose you could try, I know Webmin works fine with kloxo..

I was thinking more a CP per box. seems to be the perfect spec's for it. Was going to do vestacp on one box and webuzo on another.. I like how the IP's are not sequential so at least DNS will look good.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@IceCream which flavor? strawberry?