Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need plenty of 64 MB vps ( white label preferred)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need plenty of 64 MB vps ( white label preferred)

Hi guys,

I am starting a project where I want to give users small 64 MB vps with targeted software installed.

I came across cloudshards and I wrote to their sales but I have not heard back.

I would also prefer some privacy in the sense that I don't want users to dig info and know who my VPS provider is and that's why the idea of Whitelabel VPS service came in.

Now it does not have to be fully whitelabel. I will be giving root access via ssh to my customers. We will be maintaining our software on their VPS, so we dont need any whitelabel control panel etc, its just that they can trace the given IP.

So if there is any way to mask the IP or change name to our site. I am just thinking randomly and look for suggestions.

some more specs...

OpenVZ with TUN/TAP capability

• 1 CPU
  • 64MB RAM / 32MB VSwap
  • 2GB HDD
  • 500GB Traffic
  • 1 IPv4 Address

I need to give users choices like extra HD space, Bandwidth and IPs.

Location anywhere in the East and West US. Would need to branch out to other countries later.

Any ideas??

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I've never used them but they do offer VPS reselling:

http://www.jollyworkshosting.com/affordable_vps_reseller.php

You'd have to get some sort of custom plan to get many 64MBs carved out into one of their packages - I imagine you'd pay at least $1-2 additional because IPs cost.

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

said: So if there is any way to mask the IP or change name to our site. I am just thinking randomly and look for suggestions.

It sounds like you'll be looking for a provider to SWIP the IPs into your name.

I know that Ramnode offers this, however I'm unsure whether they do reseller accounts - Might be a good idea to give @Nick_A a shout to see what he can do.

• bpsNode also SWIPs IP Address space. What size IP Block were you looking to start with?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Does he really need SWIP'd IPs or just reverse DNS...just how insanely detective are prospective customers going to get?

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2014

@raindog308 said:
    Does he really need SWIP'd IPs or just reverse DNS...just how insanely detective are prospective customers going to get?

While I would not be one of his customers, I personally look into as much info about my hosts as possible, IP ranges, peers, routes, blacklists, company history/registration, etc. I thought this was the norm?

As for OP, the only way to fully have your own info would be your own ASN I think, because otherwise anyone with a brain can look at the origin ASN and find some info about your host.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited May 2014

The short answer is no, you cannot hide the fact the IPs have not been allocated directly to you by a registry. If you want anonymity, the Internet is not a good place to do business.

Thanked by 2Scion khav
  • SunnSunn Member

You rather get a small node.

• msg7086msg7086 Member

Buy a larger KVM vps and split it to several small container with IPv6 assigned?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Love this community, thank you for so many suggestions. Lets see

• Yup, SWIP be your best bet, if some of the providors here support it.