Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSDime expands to the UK. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSDime expands to the UK.

13»

Comments

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@serverian said:

Until?

• @Virtovo said:
    Until?

June 1st.

• pkr5770pkr5770 Member

actually HTTP zoom did face DDOS problems during those attacks last year, as did MiniVPS, they both were able to handle the situation without too much problems unlike the likes of NodeDeploy and other companies that were impacted greater at the time.

• hostnoob said: Do any hosts use NGD in Wales? I'd never heard of it until yesterday but it's the biggest DC in Europe

I vaguely know the owner. I think they only cater for the high-end market (mainly large companies who are doubtless paying large amounts of money).

• Jack said: @daveshah RBS host kit there don't they?

I can't remember any names, but that rings a bell.

• PwnerPwner Member

@serverian

Well, the positive view to the DDoS is that they see you as a possible threat (on the competitor level) and they want to take you down because you are on their level. When someone tries to attack someone else, it's to bring them down a level or two, to take out the intimidation factor. Same goes for this lowballing DDoS. Good luck with the UK hosting and don't let the butthurt competitors bring your great service down!

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @daveshah said:

Yeah I kinda got that impression from their video/demo.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@serverian: long awaited offer, looks very tempting ;-)
    is it truly pure ssd as stated in opening post? what else can yout tell about node hardware? (comparable to dallas?)
    can you tell one of this (swedish) IPs to test a ping/traceroute?

thanks in advance, godspeed!

• @Falzo said:
    serverian: long awaited offer, looks very tempting ;-)
    is it truly pure ssd as stated in opening post? what else can yout tell about node hardware? (comparable to dallas?)
    can you tell one of this (swedish) IPs to test a ping/traceroute?

thanks in advance, godspeed!

The HW is mentioned on the first post.

PM to get a test IP.