Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | FREE OVH DDoS Protection | Native IPv6 | E5's | SSD Cached | NO BS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | Canada KVM | FREE OVH DDoS Protection | Native IPv6 | E5's | SSD Cached | NO BS!

MCHPhilMCHPhil Member

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and now OpenVZ and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

WEEKLY Offsite Backups

SolusVM Powered

Native IPv6

Powerful Intel E5 CPU's

SSD-Caching

NO BS!

DDoS Protection (Provided for free via OVH PRO DDoS protection, ticket to have this enabled full time or on demand.)

Recent Changes

- I'd like to apologize to any LET member I may have offended with my posts in my last offer thread. I made mistakes. If anyone has any questions please PM me, I'm very open. Ask me anything.

- Nightly backups have been changed to weekly due to more than half of the nodes taking longer than 24 hours to complete the backup process.

- With the help of a few members here I have made changes to all of the KVM templates provided. They will now auto-configure the network connection of your Canadian KVM VPS. Provision and go! Enjoy!

KVM Canada Offers

Don't take a chance with an inexperienced provider, get your My Custom Hosting SSD Cached KVM VPS today!

Plan Name: MAY-1GB-10GB-1TB-MONTHLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 1 GB

Swap: 1 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 1024 GB

IP Space: 1 IPv4 + 5 IPv6

CPU Cores: 1

Monthly Cost: $4

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=107

Plan Name: MAY-2GB-20GB-2TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 2048 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Monthly Cost: $5

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=105

Plan Name: MAY-3GB-30GB-3TB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 3 GB

Swap: 3 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 30 GB

Premium Transfer: 3072 GB

CPU Cores: 3

Monthly Cost: $6

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=108

Plan Name: MAY-4GB-40GB-4TB-QUARTERLY

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 40 GB

Premium Transfer: 4096 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=106

Reviews

Review #1

Review #2 - "In my opinion, when it comes to real world performance of SSD-cached KVM nobody beats MCHPhil
My large databases finish report runs 3x to 5x faster then other similarly spec'ed low end providers, and only some pure SSD run them faster.

Note: I have been a very happy client of MyCustomHosting since August and highly recommend you try them."

Review #3 - "I agree, very dependable - best uptime of any of my boxes. I have never had issues.

Unfortunately, as a result, I now have higher expectations of my other providers."

Review #4 - "Nice deals! I recommend this provider to everyone looking for serious performance and reliability... one of the best (if not the best) VPS I got on LET in the past year or so."

Review #5 - "During my semi-annual check of all my node's performance I run a Serverbear. I was very pleased with the report for my node at MyCustomHosting."

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Thanks!

Comments

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited May 2014

Lets just hope there wont be any drama this time...

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Remember to solve the issue with him before posting anything here.

http://mycustomhosting.net/tos.php
    13. If you run to a forum and cry about something before trying to work it out with me you will void your refund rights.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Popular demand is back! :)

• LowENDLowEND Member
    edited May 2014

If you run to a forum and cry about something before trying to work it out with me you will void your refund rights.

Seems illegal?

• This seems incredibly unsustainable... especially for the prices.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited May 2014

@eddynetweb said:
    This seems incredibly unsustainable... especially for the prices.

Entirely sustainable. How wouldn't it be? What's not sustainable? I mean compared to some of the offers seen around here... :P

@LowEND said:
    Seems illegal?

Other option is no refund. I do not legally have to provide one. A lot of providers do not. I offer it out of respect, with that I respect any potential customer that would like a refund to speak with me about the issue. Especially before coming to some forum to create drama. It's crap and everyone knows it.

If you are not comfortable with that clause I can draft up a separate TOS/AUP for anyone that does not include the refund clause and the forum clause.

I specialize in custom solutions :)

Thanked by 1TheRedFox
  • @MCHPhil The fact that your only getting a few dollars per month, per customer, unless you got some cheap colocation or something, would generally outweigh the cost to colocate the server, when your, for example getting 7$ a month for one client that's using the 4GB deal.

How much RAM you got in each node anyways?

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited May 2014

I have some super cheap hosting, it's called OVH. My business has been operating strong for years. Thank you for asking!

The 4GB Deal is a pretty fun one. Shortly someone will post a benchmark from their VM I do hope :D

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited May 2014

I am almost tempted to pick one up, however, I buy as I need and I already have enough VPS'es for the stuff I host.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member

Eddy, I like to make believers out of non, if in the future you have a use for the specs of the 4GB plan. Ticket me. Ref this post if needed.

• @MCHPhil said:
    Eddy, I like to make believers out of non, if in the future you have a use for the specs of the 4GB plan. Ticket me. Ref this post if needed.

That's quite nice of you. Will do if I ever need one with this much RAM. :)

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • I've spoken to Phil at length over the past few weeks. He's not a bad guy, really. If you have any concerns, just contact him.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member

said: With the help of a few members here I have made changes to all of the KVM templates provided. They will now auto-configure the network connection of your Canadian KVM VPS. Provision and go! Enjoy!

I think this will help you and your clients immensely.

• amhoabamhoab Member

Phil is actually a really good guy so long as you are too and you don't try to stir up trouble or are impatient. Just reach out to him if you have any questions or need anything, and he'll probably be super-helpful. That may not necessarily be true if your VPS is down; make sure it's not something on your end first! Otherwise, A+ services.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@LowEND You need to know, it dosent metter anymore if its his fault or costumers fault. Its basically everytime your fault as costumer so when you post it public because he dosent react anymore he can just terminate your service. I am just waiting until he reboots his nodes again and everything breaks.

• edited May 2014

@MCHPhil said:

Shortly someone will post a benchmark from their VM I do hope :D

This is from a 512MB plan:

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 3199.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 496 MB
    Total amount of swap : 511 MB
    System uptime : 17 days, 8 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 9.51MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 37.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 31.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 12.0MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 6.41MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 29.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.58MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 22.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 23.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 36.7MB/s
    I/O speed : 293 MB/s

Had 100% uptime since the last time I rebooted it according to my monitoring.

Are there likely to be any offers from your USA location in the future?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @Infinity580 said:
    LowEND You need to know, it dosent metter anymore if its his fault or costumers fault. Its basically everytime your fault as costumer so when you post it public because he dosent react anymore he can just terminate your service. I am just waiting until he reboots his nodes again and everything breaks.

I beg you don't cry ;o;

• joereidjoereid Member

Glad you're back Phil!

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited May 2014

@YellowHummingbird said:
    MCHPhil said:

Are there likely to be any offers from your USA location in the future?

PM me or ticket your requirements, I have resources in USA available.

@viCommunications said:

viCommunications said: New VPS provider coming soon.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • CltcamCltcam Member
    edited May 2014

He's hosting on OVH's MG-128 Dedicated Server. Easy to make a profit offer, considering how cheap that dedicated server is.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • earlearl Member

The MG-128 is $269/mo. Would it not be better to get 2 x SP-64 @ $218/mo?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

MCHPhil said: New VPS provider coming soon.

No. Learn 2 quote. I had this discussion with @Floris a few days ago.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited May 2014

Were you attempting to add anything constructive to this post or just attempting to stir the pot?

• BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

MCHPhil said: just attempting to stir the pot?

There's a pot? Where?

Are you providing the spoon? If so, can I claim tax on it? Does it come with warranty? Is it covered under My Custom Hosting policy?

MCHPhil said: Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine!

Can we see the photos of the spine?

Furthermore, on your site you claim "Live US Based Support" are you suggesting other providers use aliens as support?

I also wanted to add, why you using a $15 SSL certificate on your WHMCS?

• IshaqIshaq Member

Shut up @viCommunications

Stop trying to get karma for useless posts.

@MCHPhil

Great improvements, good luck!

• ub3rstarub3rstar Member
    edited May 2014

@viCommunications By looking at your previous comments on other posts, you seem like a real piece of work. You always try to find something negative or harassing to say. Does the vi in viCommunications stand for "Virtual Intimidation"? Because you seem like the type of guy that thinks he can talk smack just because your in front of a monitor, and know if you said that in real life to somebody you would go home crying for your mommy.

Furthermore, there's a BIG difference between saying "Live Support" and "Live US Based Support". "Live Support" might as well be aliens because you never seem to get an answer to your question, while "Live USA Based Support" understands what your saying and will help you with your problem. So what if @MCHPhil uses a $15 SSL certificate? Would you rather him not use a SSL certificate at all?

Thanked by 2MCHPhil 0xdragon
  • BoxodeBoxode Member
    edited May 2014

ub3rstar said: you seem like a real piece of work.

Cheers.

ub3rstar said: . Does the vi in viCommunications stand for "Virtual Intimidation"?

It does. How did you find out?

ub3rstar said: So what if @MCHPhil uses a $15 SSL certificate? Would you rather him not use a SSL certificate at all?

Given the encryption level, pretty much.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member

Stop being vague, what part of my SSL certificate is insecure. (If you think SSL is secure...) What would make my certificate better?

Just double checked and it's same type of cert that ramnode looks to be using, different issuer but hey apples and oranges to your "claims".

• amhoabamhoab Member

viCommunications said: I also wanted to add, why you using a $15 SSL certificate on your WHMCS?

A free, self-signed certificate can offer more security than a $2k certificate. It's not about the price, but the bits of encryption.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • deptadaptdeptadapt Member
    edited May 2014

I for one am slightly more inclined to trust a company that uses an Extended Validation certificate, but I certainly don't think a company loses points for using a domain validated cert. The important thing is that the connection is encrypted and that there is some verification that I'm at the right site.

edit: Forgot to say this looks like a great deal and I've wanted to get a VPS in Montreal for a while now. Glad to see you back here, and looking forward to your next promotion (when I'll probably be in need).